This topic has been locked
UnCTRLable Oct 21, 2016 @ 4:12pm
Please help
I cant get the Steam client on my laptop and i have Broderlands 2 on my steam account. is there anyway i can play the game without the Steam launcher?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
The Giving One Oct 21, 2016 @ 4:14pm 
What do you mean that you cannot get the Steam client on your laptop ?

Why can you not install Steam on it ?
Crawdaddy Oct 21, 2016 @ 4:33pm 
Any game you purchase on steam MUST have the steam client to run it.
76561198218426745 Oct 21, 2016 @ 4:53pm 
Originally posted by TheSecondMouse:
Any game you purchase on steam MUST have the steam client to run it.

Not all games use Steam as DRM, though the vast majority do. Some visual novels, games created in flash, and the odd indie game choose not to require the Steam client to run.
UnCTRLable Oct 21, 2016 @ 7:32pm 
Originally posted by The Giving One:

The reason is because my parents put Lightspeed Systems on my laptop so that i cannot install and download things. Although U found a way to do a download if the install is not required.
The Giving One Oct 21, 2016 @ 7:37pm 
Originally posted by littletimtim0:

The reason is because my parents put Lightspeed Systems on my laptop so that i cannot install and download things. Although U found a way to do a download if the install is not required.
The last activity on this account was in June.

last played on Jun 2
Borderlands 2

So you were apparently on Steam then. If your parents are trying to limit the amount of time you spend playing games, then we cannot do anything about that here. If they don't want you playing or using Steam, then maybe it would be a good idea to do as they wish.
Forcen Oct 21, 2016 @ 7:38pm 
Originally posted by The Giving One:

Tell your parents that you want to install steam and that game and let them do it for you.
UnCTRLable Oct 21, 2016 @ 11:01pm 
[quote=The last activity on this account was in June.

last played on Jun 2
Borderlands 2

So you were apparently on Steam then. If your parents are trying to limit the amount of time you spend playing games, then we cannot do anything about that here. If they don't want you playing or using Steam, then maybe it would be a good idea to do as they wish. [/quote]

Yes i was on a computer that belonged to a friend who i visited a lot. now i am always stuck at home and i just recently got this laptop. trying to find a way to still play Borderlands. plus my parents don'
t know how to uninstall or allow installs because they had a tech do it.
The Giving One Oct 21, 2016 @ 11:05pm 

Yes i was on a computer that belonged to a friend who i visited a lot. now i am always stuck at home and i just recently got this laptop. trying to find a way to still play Borderlands. plus my parents don'
t know how to uninstall or allow installs because they had a tech do it.
It is not related directly with your topic, but I felt it was a good time to mention this here. Playing on other computers that you have no control over or knowledge of what has been going on with them, is a good way to get your account a VAC ban, as I see you have TF2 activity also. I highly suggest you don't do that. Play on your computer only.

As far as the topic goes, I cannot suggest any way you can play rather that use Steam and ask your parents for help. Sorry if that does not help you, but that is my only suggestion here. Thanks.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 21, 2016 @ 4:12pm