The real Steam user forums are gone and now redirect here.
Help!
Apparently the old, good Steam powered user forums, usually reachable at http://forums.steampowered.com are now gone.
If you try to reach them, you 're being redirected to this ♥♥♥♥♥♥ community forum.

This happened without any warning from Valve. 20 years of discussions gone.
Incredibly interesting threads, like the Marc Laidlaw Vault, collecting all the answers Marc gave to HL fans, disappeared.

Why, Valve?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 265 comments
DirtyFishy May 15 @ 12:39pm 
This has been gone for years. You've only just noticed?
Those weren't the "real" forums, they were the old forums, and they were probably taken down finally so that people started using the "righT" forums. Hell you couldnt even make an account over there anymore to post.
Snapjak May 15 @ 12:39pm 
The old forums have been depreciated for years. Or this was a mistake.
ReBoot May 15 @ 12:40pm 
This here are the real forums.
Originally posted by DirtyFishy:
Nope, the old forums were up and running up until an hour ago. Now it simply redirects here; and as OP stated, there was still some valuable info in there; even if Valve didn't want people posting anymore, they should have kept them running.
DirtyFishy May 15 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by ¤ βℓооđч ¤ Nico-Kun!:
Nope, the old forums were up and running up until an hour ago. Now it simply redirects here; and as OP stated, there was still some valuable info in there; even if Valve didn't want people posting anymore, they should have kept them running.
Alright, well regardless, why would they pay to run a forum that nobody uses?
Last edited by DirtyFishy; May 15 @ 12:47pm
Snapjak May 15 @ 12:46pm 
They should be left online in an archival state. There really is some useful info still there.
WAlright, well regardless, why would they pay to run a forum that nobody uses.
A lot of people still used it regularly, myself included, as well as OP (who I've seen several times posting in the HL2:E2 forums). And, honestly, it had a less toxic atmosphere, if only because the new forums drew all the toxic people away.
Actually, lots of people used it. And the discussions level was much higher than here.

Anyway, the point is: if you're taking down the forums, can you TELL US a couple of days before so we have the time to backup valuable informations and say goodbye to our forum friends, at least.

Valve has really no care about anything.
ReBoot May 15 @ 12:50pm 
The forums have been deprecated for literally years
you had years to backup whatever you wanted.
We posted til two hours ago. Really I had years to backup today posts?
People like you are the reason why we preferred to post there and not here.
Originally posted by ReBoot:
When Valve first implemented the Discussions, they said they'd keep the old forums running as long as people kept using them; they just wouldn't add subforums for new games. And, up until this morning, people were still using them, with plenty of still active threads. Nobody expected Valve to simply pull the plug all of a sudden.
ReBoot May 15 @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by ¤ βℓооđч ¤ Nico-Kun!:
Originally posted by ReBoot:
When Valve first implemented the Discussions, they said they'd keep the old forums running as long as people kept using them; they just wouldn't add subforums for new games. And, up until this morning, people were still using them, with plenty of still active threads. Nobody expected Valve to simply pull the plug all of a sudden.
They have been marked deprecated for years. Look up "deprecated". It means "right now, you can use it, bit don't be surprised if it goes down"
Last edited by ReBoot; May 15 @ 12:57pm
GDL May 15 @ 12:59pm 
It was going to happen at some point but I would have loved to have had an end date posted rather then just a cut over.
Medic May 15 @ 1:02pm 
I hope this is a glitch. I really do. SPUF is my community, I've helped tons of people with TF2 problems and now no one can see the huge amount of help and tips that are on there.

They could have given us some damn warning. I wanted to reach 20k posts.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 265 comments
Per page: 15 30 50