Smock Dec 13, 2017 @ 2:08pm
steam client keeps asking me to verify my email address, but i get no email, and the status in settings says verified
Every time I start the Steam client on my tablet PC it always asks me to verify my email address (with a little green bar). When i click on the 'Yes' , a popup appears saying that it is going to send me an email to verify. I have no filter and have searched the whole mailbox (including spam folders) but i get no email at all - even waiting for over 2 days (as I know they can be slow).
When i search the problem the FAQ suggests going into preferences and clicking a button to verify email address. However, when I do this, there is no button to do this, and the status shows as Verified already.

This is driving me nuts!

Anyone experience anything similar? Any Suggestions?

(Also I can't open a support case for this as this problem is not in the list of options when trying to)

Please help!
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
bha Dec 15, 2017 @ 8:25pm 
Same thing is happening to me
Glimmer Dec 15, 2017 @ 8:36pm 
Who is your email provider? Yahoo is known to block messages from Steam, and a couple weeks ago Microsoft (Hotmail and a bunch of others) was blocking messages.
bha Dec 15, 2017 @ 8:42pm 
I have gmail
Smock Dec 18, 2017 @ 3:48am 
My mail provider is an office 365 based one - but they don't filter anything by default
I get every other Steam Email (community/offers/purchases/etc)
Last edited by Smock; Dec 18, 2017 @ 3:49am
Smock Dec 18, 2017 @ 3:50am 
Update: Doing it today - I have now received the Email.

So I'm guessing there was just something up with the service the other week
Ximalas Jul 2, 2018 @ 1:32am 
It's now half a year later, and the Steam client keeps nagging me too about my email address. Nothing happens when I click on "yes". I run my own email server, and there's nothing in the logs except spam and legitimate email. Whenever I log in to the web interface, my email address is listed as verified. And there is no way to open a support ticket. As others has the same issue, I'm beginning to think this is by design. Maybe a twitter message to @steam_support will help, but I doubt it.
Last edited by Ximalas; Jul 2, 2018 @ 1:37am
雑•Nubi Jul 2, 2018 @ 1:34am 
I think people have problem on reading dates.
Ximalas Jul 3, 2019 @ 12:56pm 
Originally posted by 雑•Nubi:
I think people have problem on reading dates.
No, even in 2019, I'm still being nagged about verifying my email address. I run my own mail server, and there's no logged attempt of delivery. The mail server is up and running and receives mail from other external sources. Something is broken at Steam, or maybe they simply refuse sending email to anyone in the .info domain.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 13, 2017 @ 2:08pm