g* Dec 4, 2016 @ 2:59am
Can't log into steam because I don't have access to mobile authenticator
Hello. I'm currently logged into steam because I was already logged in to the steam client before my phone was stolen and I still am. Basically, my phone got stolen and it's the only device that has steam mobile authenticator logged on to it. Therefore, if I try to remove steam mobile authenticator, it will ask me for the recovery code which I just didn't write down because I'm stupid. Therefore, there is no way for me to log in. Is there anyway I can talk to steam or get it back another way? Thanks.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
LOOMS Dec 4, 2016 @ 3:04am 
If your account has the authenticator enabled, you will be asked to enter your current code after you've entered your user name and password.
Open the Steam Mobile App. If you are logged in on your phone, go to the Steam Guard menu (the top-most menu selection) to see the current code. (If you aren't logged in to Steam on your phone, your current code is displayed on the login page).
Enter the current code when you are asked to. Don't worry if the code on your phone turns red and changes, you still have a little bit of time left to enter the old code.
You can't use a code more than once, and you can't use old codes. So if you just used a code, you should wait for the code to change before using another.
g* Dec 4, 2016 @ 3:07am 
Originally posted by Cinematic(katarakillme100%):
If your account has the authenticator enabled, you will be asked to enter your current code after you've entered your user name and password.
Open the Steam Mobile App. If you are logged in on your phone, go to the Steam Guard menu (the top-most menu selection) to see the current code. (If you aren't logged in to Steam on your phone, your current code is displayed on the login page).
Enter the current code when you are asked to. Don't worry if the code on your phone turns red and changes, you still have a little bit of time left to enter the old code.
You can't use a code more than once, and you can't use old codes. So if you just used a code, you should wait for the code to change before using another.
I don't think you understand my phone has been stolen, and it's the only device with steam mobile authenticator on... so I can't get the code? I know how to use steam mobile authenticator, it's just I don't have access to it. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 4, 2016 @ 2:59am