Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Help and Tips > Dettagli della discussione
Questa discussione è stata chiusa
steam verifying installation every time i start my computer
Steam verifies installation every time i start my computer, is this normal? it has only been doing it recently and its quite ugly as well to watch after my computer freshly boots.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 43
It only does that for me when my computer crashes while Steam is active. I will admit I'm in the area that I do need a new computer.
This happens to me every start up and 3 mins long, annoying. Besides offline, any other solutions?
That's a new one for me.:tradingcard:
hope u found solution
The problem has resolved itself i believe.....

thanks
Messaggio originale di sm0:
Steam repeatedly updates or verifies game files

I did both, no fix and even in offline, it still does it. This is annoying and takes 3 minutes for me.
Here's what I did, have steam not log in start up. When I manually start steam, it takes 3 secs only. I'm OK with that. I don't see what Steam needs to verify installation.
There is a way to fix this, you need to open your steam, ( or when it launches) and close it and shut your computer down / restart your computer, this happens because your PC may have crashed and restart its self whist steam was running.
Messaggio originale di SWEATYJUMPER:
There is a way to fix this, you need to open your steam, ( or when it launches) and close it and shut your computer down / restart your computer, this happens because your PC may have crashed and restart its self whist steam was running. [/quote]
And if it continues, then you can uninstall steam and reinstall it
what bollox my computer has not crashed and i exit steam and shut down my PC and i have only started getting this!
well... closing steam before shutting off pc worked before, but with windows 10 it's not working anymore.
@Crashedcourse, & everyone else.

you DO NOT need a new computer unless you're looking to upgrade the hardware. if you're having issues with the system itself such as crashes, slow downs etc then it's time to simply do some maintenance to the computer.

When was the last time you ran a Malware scan?

When was the last time you ran a sfc /scannow through CMD?

When was the last time you searched for and removed spyware?

When was the last time you scanned and checked and repaired bad sectors of your hard drive.

When was the last time you searched, downloaded, and installed Windows updates?

When was the last time you defragmented the hard drive?

When was the last time you checked and updated your motherboard and video card drivers?

These are all important procedures you should be doing monthly. You don't need top of the line anti-virus or internet suites. You can simply download the free version of Avast, and use it in conjunction with Malwarebytes, and be totally fine. If you don't have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and never ran it ever before on your system then I can 100% guarantee you that you have malware infections. This goes for ANYONE. This piece of software is a MUST HAVE on every single computer you have. I have the paid version for real time protection but the free version works good for scanning and removing. The paid version allows you to prevent so you don't have to scan and remove. Spybot search & destory 1.6.2 is what you want for searching and removing spyware. Make sure you download the 1.6.2 version. I'm not fond of the newest version. Just make sure you update all the definitions before you scan.

A lot of people have all these crazy security programs on their computer and I never understood why. As I stated above, the free version of Avast with MWB can keep you infection free which I've been for the past 15 years at least. Those two things along with simple common sense while online can EASILY keep you infection free. You then add the other maintenance steps into the mix, and your system will be running top notch. The only time you should be getting a whole new computer is if your hardware is 7+ years outdated and you want a new rig. Also, it's always better to build your own than buy from the store such as Best Buy. You ALWAYS get more for less when you pick out your own hardware. My current rig cost me around $500 to build which includes the Win 7 disc, and a monitor which I don't really count as hardware so it was really around $300 maybe $350 tops after adding the SSD. I pull 50+ FPS in pretty much any game for $350. I also never understood why people feel the need to spend 2 grand on a computer. If you know how to pick out hardware, you can have a decent rig for nothing.

My current rig

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon X4 760K 47 °C

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 (MS-7721) (P0) 30 °C
Graphics
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (Gigabyte) 26 °C
Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120G SATA Disk Device (SSD) 23 °C
465GB Hitachi HGST HTS 545050A7E380 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 24 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 03FZEX-00MK2A0 25°C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST i SATA CdRom Device
Audio
USB PnP Sound Device

As you see, this is pretty low end, but it's a beast.

I only have my operating system on the SSD along with a few applications such as my anti-virus, MWB, Firefox and of course all my drivers, etc. My WD Black drive is my main storage drive. That's the drive that pretty much everything else goes on application wise such as games, etc etc. I also store music, videos on this drive. I then upgraded the HDD in my PS4 and put the old PS4 HDD in my rig as a 3rd hard drive, and I have firefox downloads go there along with more videos, and music.

Anyway, just felt like adding this because people encounter an error message on their computer, or it's crashing in games, etc etc and automatically think they need a whole new rig when that's usually not the case. Computers need to be maintained. Any kind of infection even if it's really bad causing a ton of crazy bad issues is tied to the hard drive. If it's that bad you can simply boot from disc, and reformat the drive, reinstall windows, and start over. This will ALWAYS make your computer running perfect again. The only downside is losing everything if you didn't back anything up. A bad virus will make it so you can't access control panal, or won't let you boot into safe mode, or boot at all. Always have a system restore point which a bad virus can wipe those too not letting you go back. The best thing you can do is buy a external hard drive such as a WD passport which a 1TB is only like $60 along with free software such a reflect, and make a image of your drive but only if there are no infections so if you do get hit you can reformat, and restore the image. Me, having 3 hard drives, any reformatting would suck but I never let myself get there because I'm real anal with system maintenance.

Anyway, best of luck. If anyone ever needs help wit their computer, simply send me a friend request on steam. My name on steam is lp11725 or you can search the name on this post. Not sure which one you need to search for. NY_Muilisx_NY is just my display name.
Ultima modifica da NY_Muilisx_NY; 18 mar 2017, ore 4:55
Messaggio originale di NY_Muilisx_NY:
If you don't have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and never ran it ever before on your system then I can 100% guarantee you that you have malware infections. This goes for ANYONE
Not anyone guaranteed
Messaggio originale di NY_Muilisx_NY:
If you don't have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and never ran it ever before on your system then I can 100% guarantee you that you have malware infections.

Nope, never had a single infection in all the years I've used computers, and that is many years.
Ultima modifica da The End; 18 mar 2017, ore 6:53
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 43
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Help and Tips > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 31 lug 2013, ore 16:16