Help please
What's up with steam lately? I use to be able to go offline to play games. Now I can't. Ok so where I live at I don't have internet at all. They don't provide any in my area. So when I do my website design for work, or play some games after work hrs there. I use to be able to go to top left page and go to offline. When. I get home ill get on my laptop again and bam steam will load up and then says offline mode? I'll click offline. And bam I can play my games. Now, I do that ever since the update. It will ask me go offline​ like before. I'll click it. Now I have to put password in. And it just says I don't have internet. What has happened? Steam can't you guys make the launcher stay offline when. It really is with out it asking? Or can you guys at least let steam detect that there's no internet so it goes in offline mode automatically and load my library up so I can play my games offline like I wanted to instead of it asking and causing so much pain and heartache? I'm sure I'm not the only person going through this or asked this before. But I'd love to take a shower drink my water and relax playing my offline games before I go to work the next day. I don't get online often. It's vary rear that I do get on at work. So can u guys make offline mode alot easier to use or be able to login offline easier?? Please and thanks.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
bigbenisdaman Apr 26, 2017 @ 4:51pm 
Put your password in and it should give you an option to go in offline mode if you have no internet. Sometimes you have to try it again.

I've noticed alot of games though make you play in online mode, which sux.

After so many days being offline you have to login again, not sure on the days though. If you can teather a cell phone connection thats enough, and just never shutdown, only go to sleep.
Last edited by bigbenisdaman; Apr 26, 2017 @ 4:52pm
Ninjas Dynasty Apr 26, 2017 @ 6:14pm 
I don't have that on my phone. But ya I know that much. But I just had it online today. And I did type my password in and it just won't load steam. Up offline. I wanted to play banished, halo wars or endless legend. But can't. :( I just had it online. Before I shut it down for 5 mins I press offline and let it restart. Like normal I do this all the time for past 2 years. Sometimes steam loads up sometimes it don't. But never every single time it won't work. This sucks.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 26, 2017 @ 4:42pm