Csgo 12 hour download?!?!!
download: 131mbs

Why is csgo taking 12 hours to download. right now, its stuck at 0% and won't tell me the rate its downloading at rip
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
I think I found the problem. When I check my downloads, it connects to my wifi to download for around 3 seconds, then stops and it only uses disk. The game only continues downloading while it uses the wifi thing. Idk what to do.
The Giving One Apr 26, 2017 @ 4:59pm 
Originally posted by Tora 🐅:
I think I found the problem. When I check my downloads, it connects to my wifi to download for around 3 seconds, then stops and it only uses disk. The game only continues downloading while it uses the wifi thing. Idk what to do.
Never troubleshoot Steam download issues using a wireless connection. Bypass the router and wifi and hook ethernet directly to the modem. Then try again.

See this.....

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493
Ok so I found out how to fix the problem. Basically I went in to my task manager and started closing stuff that I didn't know what it was and I ended up closing something that was interupting my download :D
The Giving One Apr 26, 2017 @ 5:02pm 
Ok so I found out how to fix the problem. Basically I went in to my task manager and started closing stuff that I didn't know what it was and I ended up closing something that was interupting my download :D
What was it that you closed ?

It could be a program or a child process of a program that is listed here, or other perhaps.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

You need to know, as when you reboot, that process is just going to start up again, and possibly be an issue.
might have been a vpn. not sure. the vpn wasn't on though so idk
The Giving One Apr 26, 2017 @ 5:06pm 
might have been a vpn. not sure. the vpn wasn't on though so idk
Post screenshots of all of your installed programs on that computer.

Go to Windows Start and type in msconfig and run the result. Then go to the services tab, and check the box on bottom "hide all Microsof services". Take shots of all that is left.

Then, go to the startup tab and take shots of all that. Then post the shots here. You can use imgur.com for this if you wish.

EDIT..You may need to reboot first, as you have now disabled some processes that will not show up. Make sure you allow plenty of time for the computer to fully load all startup processes and programs after a reboot.
Last edited by The Giving One; Apr 26, 2017 @ 5:08pm
Just so u know, I have a couple of the programs on the list, but I didn't close those down. For example, bit defender. It was something interupting my wifi I guess. msconfig popped up settings and system config so um idk
George Foreman Apr 26, 2017 @ 5:09pm 
why does it take so long to down load games?
Rewind, try to close up some stuff in task manager. But thats only if u go check downloads, and ur disk or network isn't downloading anything. or maybe not... idk
The Giving One Apr 26, 2017 @ 5:10pm 
Just so u know, I have a couple of the programs on the list, but I didn't close those down. For example, bit defender. It was something interupting my wifi I guess. msconfig popped up settings and system config so um idk
See my edit above, and yes, you need to have Bit Defender setup properly to ignore Steam and games, as in real-time exceptions, and also making sure child processes of Bit Defender are also not conflicting. This is why disabling antivirus programs is not always good enough.

Disabling the parent does not necessarily disable the childs, where that applies.
I mean right now its ok, if I encounter any more problems Ill reply to this or make a new one
The Giving One Apr 26, 2017 @ 5:13pm 
I mean right now its ok, if I encounter any more problems Ill reply to this or make a new one
Ok but you have not resolved this...you have only temporarily done a workaround. You have to take care of the conflicting software or this is just going to keep happening, unless there are other causes also to consider.

If you reply, post all the screenshots I requested above, please. We cannot help unless we can see what you have.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 26, 2017 @ 3:52pm