Grandma Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:38am
Fallout Or Elder Scrolls
I want to hear peoples opinions on what is better The Fallout franchise or the lder Scrolls Franchise and What do you think about the release of online for both games (yes there is going to be online Fallout) I am persoally a huge Fallout Fan apart from never playing 1 and 2 Vegas is my favourite for the combat system but 3 felt a lot more open and free, tell me what you think!
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Brandles Nov 19, 2012 @ 8:46pm 
I couldn't really get into fallout myself. I love skyrim. I had it on the 360 and now that I've switched to mainly a PC gamer I'm just waiting for it to go on sale this winter so I can purchase it for my computer. (Hate the thought of paying $60 for a game twice specially when its a year old). Maybe one day I'll give Fallout another chance. As for the online. I can't wait for Elder Scrolls Online. I do have a feeling that if it isn't F2P it will die quickly though. Too many MMOs out there and more need to learn that F2P is the way to go. I didn't realize there was going to be a online Fallout but maybe thats the game that will really bring me into the series. Cheers
Mivo Nov 19, 2012 @ 10:10pm 
Originally posted by Brandles:
Too many MMOs out there and more need to learn that F2P is the way to go.

Matter of preference. I like social MMOs to be F2P, but for anything that's game-y and story-driven, I much prefer paying $15 a month and not having to worry about cash shops or a community that's even worse than WoW's. Large-scale, non-social MMOs are also typically considered dead when they are F2P.

There's plenty of room for new MMOs, but the problem is that everyone tries to copy WoW (by itself a rather dull design that was based on components of earlier MMOs) and then fails because it's hard to compete with the content and feature set of an established game that already had eight years of expansions and patches. SW:TOR showed what happens when you spend most of the budget on the license and neglect the actual gameplay. I didn't even use two months of pre-paid time after the first month, because it was just so bad. It going F2P won't make it any better.

But anyway, as for FO vs TES: I love them both. There are very few other franchises out there that have such open and immerse worlds. What I prefer depends a bit on my mood, since it's basically fantasy vs. modern/scifi. If I really had to pick one, it would be TES. but luckily, we will never have to make that choice because we can have them both. :)
Cryptonick Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:57pm 
Personally in my opinion, i think that the fallout series with its future setting seems like its more action and gameplay-oriented, while elder scrolls although having good action, seems to fill the role of immersion and story. This could be wrong but FO 3 and new vegas seem to have a zany kinda story to it while TES has not any amazing combat system.
Hawkes Feb 15, 2013 @ 2:12pm 
For me i prefer Fallout the first bethesda game i played was fallout 3 and i loved every second of it at the time i had never played anything like it then i tried Oblivion and skyrim and i actualy hated them i tried hard and i wanted to like them but the combat turned me away when it comes to melee combat i prefer more depth then what TES games have and it was just unintresting for me.

Also from what i understand i thought the fallout MMO was pretty much canned it was being developed by interplay and they lost the rights to make it a couple years ago becous they brought in a outside developer to help and that was agaisnt there contract with bethesda and they got sued and lost the rights? at least thats what i think i remember reading.
BitmapBrother Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
I first played Fallout 3 and loved it. I haven't really played the firs two much due to glitches etc but I hear they are pretty fun. The elder Scrolls is ok I guess if you like that sort of thing but it's not my thing really. I'm still ♥♥♥♥ed that they gave a nice new engine to TES and Fallout didn't get one.
Dreakon Feb 15, 2013 @ 4:15pm 
Skyrim > New Vegas > Fallout 3 > Oblivion > Morrowind

So essentially... chronological order lol. The two series probably average out to even for me, but Fallout is more consistently good.
Last edited by Dreakon; Feb 15, 2013 @ 4:18pm
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:38am