Virus problems
So my antivirus software is reporting a trojan virus originating from Steam. Now I can't seem to launch it. Any help?
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 50 komentářů
What is your antivirus?
Can you add the Steam folder to exceptions in the antivirus?
You will have to go through your antivirus to get to Steam, if it is indeed stopping you from launching.
If you can't do anything, I suggest changing antivirus.
I don't think that the antivirus is at fault here, because it was working just fine until today.
Perhaps I should uninstall Steam and Reinstall it.
If you are having the same problem as I am, then you are seeing something that the Kaspersky AntiVirus people flagged as a trojan. The type of virus is: Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnc.

It is appearing in the following files so far:

•Steam AppOverlay.dll Deleted: Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnc
•Steam vstdlib_s.dll Deleted: Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnn

I think these files are necessary for the steamui dll to function so that is why it won't run.

Repost if uninstalling and reinstalling works... Steam on my PC was working just fine as well when I left the house this afternoon. If it doesn't fix it then I think the folks at Valve might have to work it out. Obviously an automatic update to Steam wouldn't help because it isn't launching for us. :/

Side note: I attempted to repair Steam via the SteamInstall.msi off the website but apparently the Support.url file the Cabs.w1.cab file couldn't be located or was corrupted so the installation process ended prematurely due to that error.
Naposledy upravil bbutler; 2. lis. 2012 v 21.32
That is the EXACT problem I have. I'll uninstall and reinstall tomorrow. It's getting late.
My AV is Kaspersky 2013. Steam gave me a minor update today sometime and discovered the trojan.win32.Agent.unnn. According to thier site they just dicovered this malware just after midnight on nov 3 2012. That's just a few hours ago.
I had to make sure my AV database was up to date, run a scan and was still finding a threat, so I uninstalled steam and rescanned and that seemed to do the trick.
If you uninstall and reinstall Steam, do you have to reinstall the games you have installed too?
Thanks. If I have any more problems tomorrow then I'll just post again.
bbutler původně napsal:
If you uninstall and reinstall Steam, do you have to reinstall the games you have installed too?
I'm not sure.
Patriot Duck původně napsal:
bbutler původně napsal:
I'm not sure.
Guess I'll find out...
Showed up on Kaspersky for me too. I've submitted two false positive reports. I've added Steam to the exclusion folder until Kaspersky can get it sorted out :/ Steam/L4D2 works fine after adding to the exclusion list.
I just got this happen to me about 30 minutes ago. ZoneAlarm extreme. Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnn
Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnc
It was unable to delete them and quarantined them. Steam updates and the files are found again with virus.

Either its a false flag or steam is updating everyone with a trojan =)
Naposledy upravil Crode; 2. lis. 2012 v 21.49
Crode původně napsal:
I just got this happen to me about 30 minutes ago. ZoneAlarm extreme. Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnn
Trojan.Win32.Agent.unnc
It was unable to delete them and quarantined them. Steam updates and the files are found again with virus.

Either its a false flag or steam is updating everyone with a trojan =)
I'd really like to think that's not the case... :|
Same problem here with Kaspersky :/
Anyone know if this was a steam update or a virus definition update that caused this?
Just got this with Kasperky too. Reinstalling did nothing. Still is getting flagged. I really think it must be a false positive.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 50 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 2. lis. 2012 v 20.59
Počet příspěvků: 50