全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
このトピックはロックされています
I miss the old Steam forums...
Title says it all. I miss the old Steam forums. This new community is utter crap. Bring back the old Steam forums Valve!
< >
1-15 / 69 のコメントを表示
Valve cannot bring back the old forums as they were never gone. They are still there, in exactly the same place (here).
Elazul 2012年9月15日 23時45分 
Hmm they sure did bury the user interface to discourage people then! How do you reach them from the main page? I see no direct link anymore!
Elazul 2012年9月15日 23時56分 
CandyTrox の投稿を引用:
Elazul の投稿を引用:
I see no direct link anymore!
Right here http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/

EDIT: Retracting original comment. That link does have a link to the original forums. However, its obvious that they are trying to get rid of them over time. The new "discussions" are just terrible in comparison.
最近の変更はElazulが行いました; 2012年9月15日 23時58分
Elazul, I agree, the new facebooky thing is horrible, but CandyTrox is right, you can still access the old forums.
smash 2012年9月16日 0時58分 
And what's terrible about this place? You haven't told anyone why you dislike it so much...
smash の投稿を引用:
And what's terrible about this place? You haven't told anyone why you dislike it so much...

The design makes my eyes bleed/cause headaches. It looks like a facebook clone/ripoff. Oh and its SLOW. Just a few reasons. Mostly because it looks like ♥♥♥♥ though and hurts my eyes.
How does this look like a facebook ripoff? There is almost no similarity except that which is common across the whole of the internet.
I just plain dislike the new forums for now due to the people posting in it...

It's either they make useless and pointless threads or are just so plain stupid.
Yeah how can you compare this with facebook dont look far from each other.. have you even been or seen facebook before? O_o
McKay 2012年9月16日 2時49分 
These new discussion forums don't really look or feel anything like Facebook. I, for one, really like the Steam integration as opposed to the ancient version of vBulletin they were running before.
Suits 2012年9月16日 2時51分 
Obviously Valve is replacing SPUF, this was apparent since the community beta started
Elazul 2012年9月16日 17時32分 
Anarchisteve の投稿を引用:
How does this look like a facebook ripoff? There is almost no similarity except that which is common across the whole of the internet.

To you perhaps. To me the new community and the game hubs look a LOT like Facebook's horrible timeline. Basically, this is Valve's timeline. I don't need or want it. The design is terrible and when using it in client vs in the web browser causes visible lag. Not to mention if I am on here for longer than 10 minutes it starts to cause a headache. Most likely do to the slightly larger font, more bold lettering, and brighter coloring scheme. Its the same reason I hate forums made with flash. This makes me suspicious that was what they used to code this new discussions page.

Also, I know in the other forums lets say you get banned. It bans your forum account and you can still play your games. Does getting banned on the new discussions mean you instantly get locked out of your games? Since its using your steam log on account instead? Lame move IMHO.
Misbehaviour in the community leads to a community ban, you will not lose access to your games.
smash の投稿を引用:
It looks more like the comments section of a blog than a true forum, for one thing. I also don't understand why it's only using about a third of my screen width for posts. The old forum was bad enough only using half the width, but this is ridiculous; I don't even have a widescreen monitor! Every website I've ever made has been scalable, why can't Valve handle doing the same thing?

Then there are the practical things. How do I view the threads I've posted in? I have to find one of my own posts and click the "view posts" link in the pulldown by my name. If there's another way of doing it, I haven't found it. There are no thread ratings here, and given the...ahem, quality of the posts here compared to the old forum, those would be really helpful. (An option to hide specific threads/posts entirely would be a godsend here, by the way.)

And the vanity features. Where are the post and rep counts? Posts I can see removing, but rep, even if it was somewhat abused, gave a decent overall indicator of someone's helpfulness to the community. I'm also missing the staff post indicator; that was a good way of quickly finding some of the most important posts on the forums.

Overall, I think integrating the forums into the Steam community is a good idea. These just seem to have been pushed out in an incomplete state where they're vastly inferior to the old forums.

Edit:

Also, what happened to things like the TF2 subforums? There's no equivalent to those here, so if you want to make use of them, you have to continue using the old forums. That fractures the userbase, which isn't a good thing. These forums just don't seem as "serious" as the old ones. None of the helpful sticky threads or anything have been ported over that I can see.
最近の変更はDragonsbrethrenが行いました; 2012年9月16日 18時39分
smash の投稿を引用:
There are a lot of things wrong with this forum. Let me list a few:

• Poor Moderating, at least on Subforums for games because of "Lack of Moderating tools." Dota 2 section is by far the worst and it's full of spammers, traders and phishing attempts.
  • No Quick way to access BBCode. You need to manually type it out.
  • No Quick way to access game subforums. You get a few options and that's it. Why is there just no giant "List" view like any normal forum? Why can't I just hit "All" so I can view forums for games I may want to buy in the future. Why are all the game subforums not easy to find for new people? You know people just might have a question about games they don't own. Instead of making it convenient it's just frustrating.
  • Searching for your own post history is bloated and frustrating. It doesn't differentiate between Threads Created and Posts Created, on top of that it also adds in your report history. It's extremely sloppy.
  • Search on this forum is clunkly. There is also no way to search a specific thread. I can't wait for that 1000-2000 Post thread and I have no way to filter through the garbage.
  • No Private Messaging.
  • Forum names are not locked in so it encourages griefing and no accountability.
  • No Post Count or Rep, while useless in one sense. On the other hand it shows that someone is well known and probably not just some stray troll. "Accountability" thing again.
  • No Infraction System? Why not.. it gives someone a warning and lesson.
  • No way to go to the "Last Post" of a thread.

There are a lot more reasons to dislike discussions area. This is just my "Shortlist." I guess what bothers me the most is Valve has no intention of making the discussion on the level of vBulletin. Yes, I'm not looking for some super indepth features that your most hardcore forum goer uses. I'm just looking for some very basic features that Valve has failed to add before trying to kill off the old forums. They are making the transition very painful because of some basic features or clunky features tacked on.

Valve typically does a good job at things but these forums are just utterly bad in every sense. I'm sure even you moderators are frustrated by some features that are lacking.
最近の変更はPersephone Sapphoraが行いました; 2012年9月16日 22時31分
< >
1-15 / 69 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2012年9月15日 23時35分
投稿数: 69