Elazul Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:35pm
I miss the old Steam forums...
Title says it all. I miss the old Steam forums. This new community is utter crap. Bring back the old Steam forums Valve!
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
< >
Anarchisteve Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:43pm 
Valve cannot bring back the old forums as they were never gone. They are still there, in exactly the same place (here).
Elazul Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:45pm 
Hmm they sure did bury the user interface to discourage people then! How do you reach them from the main page? I see no direct link anymore!
BDK Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:52pm 
Originally posted by Elazul:
I see no direct link anymore!
Right here http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/
Elazul Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:56pm 
Originally posted by CandyTrox:
Originally posted by Elazul:
I see no direct link anymore!
Right here http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/

EDIT: Retracting original comment. That link does have a link to the original forums. However, its obvious that they are trying to get rid of them over time. The new "discussions" are just terrible in comparison.
Last edited by Elazul; Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:58pm
BDK Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:58pm 
Last edited by BDK; Sep 16, 2012 @ 12:01am
® BBNS | IR BabOON Sep 16, 2012 @ 12:05am 
Elazul, I agree, the new facebooky thing is horrible, but CandyTrox is right, you can still access the old forums.
BDK Sep 16, 2012 @ 12:10am 
Evidently, make a bookmark for good measure ..
smash Sep 16, 2012 @ 12:58am 
And what's terrible about this place? You haven't told anyone why you dislike it so much...
Elazul Sep 16, 2012 @ 1:14am 
Originally posted by smash:
And what's terrible about this place? You haven't told anyone why you dislike it so much...

The design makes my eyes bleed/cause headaches. It looks like a facebook clone/ripoff. Oh and its SLOW. Just a few reasons. Mostly because it looks like ♥♥♥♥ though and hurts my eyes.
Anarchisteve Sep 16, 2012 @ 1:20am 
How does this look like a facebook ripoff? There is almost no similarity except that which is common across the whole of the internet.
Tsundere Kanojo Sep 16, 2012 @ 1:22am 
I just plain dislike the new forums for now due to the people posting in it...

It's either they make useless and pointless threads or are just so plain stupid.
Majkic666 Sep 16, 2012 @ 1:22am 
Yeah how can you compare this with facebook dont look far from each other.. have you even been or seen facebook before? O_o
[FP] Dr. McKay Sep 16, 2012 @ 2:49am 
These new discussion forums don't really look or feel anything like Facebook. I, for one, really like the Steam integration as opposed to the ancient version of vBulletin they were running before.
Suits Sep 16, 2012 @ 2:51am 
Obviously Valve is replacing SPUF, this was apparent since the community beta started
Elazul Sep 16, 2012 @ 5:32pm 
Originally posted by Anarchisteve:
How does this look like a facebook ripoff? There is almost no similarity except that which is common across the whole of the internet.

To you perhaps. To me the new community and the game hubs look a LOT like Facebook's horrible timeline. Basically, this is Valve's timeline. I don't need or want it. The design is terrible and when using it in client vs in the web browser causes visible lag. Not to mention if I am on here for longer than 10 minutes it starts to cause a headache. Most likely do to the slightly larger font, more bold lettering, and brighter coloring scheme. Its the same reason I hate forums made with flash. This makes me suspicious that was what they used to code this new discussions page.

Also, I know in the other forums lets say you get banned. It bans your forum account and you can still play your games. Does getting banned on the new discussions mean you instantly get locked out of your games? Since its using your steam log on account instead? Lame move IMHO.
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:35pm