Krem Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:56am
new streaming with steamOS why bother?
so.. i have my computer in my living room hooked up to my 47" lcd. straight from my gtx 660 to tv via hdmi cable.. why steam are you bothering with all this sofwear to stream from a pc to a tv.. makes no sence to me. wireless keybord in my lap and wireless mouse on a book beside me on the coutch. i hate controllers unless your playing a consloe port. \o/
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
CottonMouth Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:09pm 
its gonna be big for steam, trust me !!
anyway, on another note, iv heard the quality of the picture (gaming)
drops when playing on a tv as opposed to a monitor, whats your take,
notice any difference ?
Morbo Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
I image the idea of the Streaming is that you can have a low-power, low-noise, low(er)-spec machine hooked up in the living room, leaving your beastly machine in bedroom/elsewhere - since stylish towers that blend in with the living room are few and far between it seems to me.

It would also allow you to play Windows only games from a Linux based box without having to deal with WINE if executed correctly.
moo Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:14pm 
for me who already owns decent gaming pc i have no reason to invest in such a thing. if will want to play games on tv i will without thinking choose consoles, just cuz there will be more exclusive games which on pc never gonna se dayligh . i can't see how this can even be big, hope iam wrong tho, don't wish bad for steam but all this thing seems a bit fishy to me
Sartori Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:31pm 
Originally posted by Morbo:
I image the idea of the Streaming is that you can have a low-power, low-noise, low(er)-spec machine hooked up in the living room, leaving your beastly machine in bedroom/elsewhere - since stylish towers that blend in with the living room are few and far between it seems to me.

This is the biggest reason why I am intrigued by this. I can choose to sit in front of my gaming rig, or downstairs in front of my T.V. without having to put a large, noisy machine in the living room.
10Club Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
I know this might be hard to believe...but just hear me out.

Not everyone has a setup like you. :O!!! I know right?

Some people have the PC in the office or bedroom because it's either inconvenient to have it in the living room or they don't want a full tower case next to their TV.

Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:56am