Sharles Sep 26, 2013 @ 9:40pm
Steam Machine/SteamOS - worth it for pc gamers?
I never owned an home console, never plan to, i play most of my games with a keyboard and mouse, and sometimes with a controller (depends on the game)
Now, my pc is like 5 years old and is kinda starting to give me troubles in running games, it was never a gaming pc even when i bought it, and i have problems running even games from even 2010 if they have good graphics.
So, i wanted to grab myself a gaming pc for a while now, but i'm pretty noob to pc parts and didn't know what to get.
with the new steam machine thing, i heard it's going to be like a normal pc built for gaming and SteamOS (and living room gaming)
Now my question is, should i grab myself one of these steam machines when it comes out and use it as a gaming pc?
i also read i can remove SteamOS and install another OS on it, so would it be a good idea to use windows instead if i plan to use it as a pc and not as livingroom console?
Last edited by Sharles; Sep 26, 2013 @ 9:47pm
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Black Blade Sep 26, 2013 @ 11:02pm 
Well as it seems right now from what i read abut the StreamBox (Machine) you will be able to buy a few like them that will have different spaces and its going to take some time to go out...
So i don't know if its really worth waiting for it....
If you want the pc for more then just games i do think it will be better to just get your self a real pc
And if you want help on what to take you can ask around here seen a few asking and getting replays to help them get a good one for the games they like
Revan Sep 26, 2013 @ 11:26pm 
I think, it's a great idea to switch to the Steam Machines, go for it!
Last edited by Revan; Sep 26, 2013 @ 11:26pm
Drhank Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:43am 
My stance on consoles stay the same, they're lame and I don't have the money to spend on them now. Always used PC and always will.. :P

SteamOS is exciting though, hopefully it can replace Windows for me! (still have to use some specific programs, Sony Vegas is one)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2013 @ 9:40pm