Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam Discussions > Detaliile subiectului
Steam Machines Discussion Thread
So lets say they sell several Million of these, so are we gonna get a Games for Windows Live treatment?? I just see it as a Kick in the Nuts to us PC GAMERS who have supported steam for years.
Editat ultima dată de eram; 28 sept. 2013 la 3:08
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 380 comentarii
Sell? Wut?
Postat inițial de Skunks:
So lets say they sell several Million of these, so are we gonna get a Games for Windows Live treatment?? I just see it as a Kick in the Nuts to us PC GAMERS who have supported steam for years.
i dont think that will happen just becose the steamOS also if you read you have all the Steam Streaming games from the PC steam to the SteamOS so...
RMJ 23 sept. 2013 la 10:20 
what?, it makes no sense. Valve is trying to be different, but instead of splitting up the community, they are trying to unite it. No more oh consoles vs PC. no in Valve's vision you play where ever you want. Living room and your PC. no and or if either, but BOTH when you want to.

If Valve has success with this, its gonna be the beginning of the end for the consoles, more so than ever.

Not to mention you can suddenly play all your games controller and mouse and keyboard, thats ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ FREEDOM and CHOICE, which is AWESOME:
Skunks 23 sept. 2013 la 10:24 
Yeah but the truth is I use my gaming rig for work and general pc use. I cant see me able to do my Office stuff on Steam OS and take it in to work the next day. How fast will support be added for that?? To me the biggest strength of PC is flexibility. I am no MS fanboi at all they have done more to hurt PC gaming than anyone. But long term I am worried about this. To me that will be a problem with adopting a new OS. Yes I know I can dual boot not had great success in past with it though
Editat ultima dată de Skunks; 23 sept. 2013 la 10:26
BlackBank 23 sept. 2013 la 10:25 
The good thing is they still support Steam ON A PC (not like Microsoft). Also, i hope they will make SteamOS bigger, so that i can Uninstall Windows, and use only SteamOS for everything.
Skunks 23 sept. 2013 la 10:27 
I agree BlackBank but how many Decades do you think it will take to kill MS...... Everyone in the world uses it in one form or another. I dont care for the monopoly they have but I dont think Valve can replace MS.
Postat inițial de BlackBank3:
The good thing is they still support Steam ON A PC (not like Microsoft). Also, i hope they will make SteamOS bigger, so that i can Uninstall Windows, and use only SteamOS for everything.
i dont think that it will go that far
Skunks 23 sept. 2013 la 10:28 
It to me adds more fragmentation to the market. Look at how badly fragmented Android has gotten and how much ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ people do about that.
Off-Brand 23 sept. 2013 la 10:36 
Postat inițial de Skunks:
It to me adds more fragmentation to the market. Look at how badly fragmented Android has gotten and how much ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ people do about that.

Android is fragmented because of carriers. Companies like Verzon doesn't like that they're cut out from the OS. This is different. OEMs have no carrier to deal with.
Honestly for me, as a PC gamer, its not about the Rig or a PC as a huge desktop tower or what ever... its being able to play with a keyboard and Mouse. THAT IS ALL, hell, if i could use a keyboard and mouse on a console, I'd be happy.
Skunks 23 sept. 2013 la 10:42 
Yes but we dont need to fragment PC Gaming either. I admit MS is a BA$^#D for what they have done to PC gamers. But if Valve says Half Life 3 is coming but only to Steam OS.... or something along those lines, it will show the clear intent to dump PC and make people buy a steam box. Lets be honest how many people can set up a dual boot system???? I know I can but think about it in real world terms.....
Postat inițial de ^7kooldude_377:
Honestly for me, as a PC gamer, its not about the Rig or a PC as a huge desktop tower or what ever... its being able to play with a keyboard and Mouse. THAT IS ALL, hell, if i could use a keyboard and mouse on a console, I'd be happy.
cant you in some of them (i never pass to PS3 or Xbox 360.. as they cost too much for me)
cant you in some of them (i never pass to PS3 or Xbox 360.. as they cost too much for me) [/quote]

Not really, you need to get something like a XIM3 on an xbox, which kinda works, but laggy as hell.
Postat inițial de ^7kooldude_377:
cant you in some of them (i never pass to PS3 or Xbox 360.. as they cost too much for me)

Not really, you need to get something like a XIM3 on an xbox, which kinda works, but laggy as hell. [/quote]
k thanks by the way why you not just useing the quote?
yep kinda messed up ^^
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 380 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam Discussions > Detaliile subiectului
Data postării: 23 sept. 2013 la 10:13
Postări: 380