NATURE Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:07am
SteamOS what do you think about it ?
Last edited by NATURE; Mar 21 @ 11:38am
Showing 1-15 of 2,370 comments
< >
Jack Parrow Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:10am 
I will definitely install when its out. I will say good bye to my windows pc
Last edited by Jack Parrow; Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:12am
Nya` Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:10am 
I think it's a waste of time for something most people will probably never use, this just goes to show Newell's distaste for the direction Windows has headed and I think he's being completely dramatic.
Last edited by Nya`; Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:10am
MadMyk Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:11am 
excited to see what they can do. I already have a "steambox" running linux and would love it to be able to play more of my 300+ games
Gog Rog Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:11am 
I think its very comfortable. You get all multimedia functions for free
Revan Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:11am 
Damn you beat me to it!
Revan Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:12am 
Same
Originally posted by Blackie:
I will definitely install when its out. I will say good bye to windows.
KageTsuki Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:12am 
One this baby is out, I'll say goodbye to windows for good!
barbaresh Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:13am 
Not intresting while my game list will not support that ♥♥♥♥. but it will be intresting to see how steam will fall apart with it. let me just LOLOL on the Osteam thing.
Last edited by barbaresh; Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:13am
RMJ Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:16am 
I dont know, to me it doesnt sound like this can or will replace windows.

It sounds to me like either yourself or manufactors have the option to make consoles sell them with SteamOS, and then you can play your games on your pc or in your living room.

But it would be amazing with a GAMER OS that gives you maximum performance in games. From what Valve have shown with linux, sometimes upward to 20% better performance, thats A LOT.
Netra Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:16am 
Seems interesting
Chowder Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:18am 
Im a bit aprehensive. For example, considering the lack of games with linux support and my games being 99% windows how would this work. And also, is it possible to dual boot this OS along side windows? I need some more info before I do somthing this big..
NATURE Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:19am 
Originally posted by Nya`:
I think it's a waste of time for something most people will probably never use, this just goes to show Newell's distaste for the direction Windows has headed and I think he's being completely dramatic.

Well I think its not really about Windows OS that much. I think it more about geting the console players to jump onboard to steam to give console player the option to play a backlog of enjoying old games and new on the same OS/hardware without having to upgrade and lose all the games you love without having to own 2 to 3 console.
Nya` Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:19am 
Originally posted by Chowder7116™:
Im a bit aprehensive. For example, considering the lack of games with linux support and my games being 99% windows how would this work. And also, is it possible to dual boot this OS along side windows? I need some more info before I do somthing this big..
You can "stream" your games to it with obvious input lag and latency issues, this whole thing seems so wishy washy.

Originally posted by Nature:
Well I think its not really about Windows OS that much. I think it more about geting the console players to jump onboard to steam to give console player the option to play a backlog of enjoying old games and new on the same OS/hardware without having to upgrade and lose all the games you love without having to own 2 to 3 console.
You need two computers to play your games with this OS, it's a redundant stab at Microsoft that is going to be sparsely used.

Last edited by Nya`; Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:21am
NATURE Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:23am 
Originally posted by Nya`:
Originally posted by Chowder7116™:
Im a bit aprehensive. For example, considering the lack of games with linux support and my games being 99% windows how would this work. And also, is it possible to dual boot this OS along side windows? I need some more info before I do somthing this big..
You can "stream" your games to it with obvious input lag and latency issues, this whole thing seems so wishy washy.

Originally posted by Nature:
Well I think its not really about Windows OS that much. I think it more about geting the console players to jump onboard to steam to give console player the option to play a backlog of enjoying old games and new on the same OS/hardware without having to upgrade and lose all the games you love without having to own 2 to 3 console.
You need two computers to play your games with this OS, it's a redundant stab at Microsoft that is going to be sparsely used.

So your saying I cant dual Boot/ or do a virtualbox ?
mrGREEK360 Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:24am 
I have a Alienware X51 as big as a launch Xbox 360 hooked up to my 60"tv, as soon as this is available I will be dual booting windows and steamOS. Specs of my rig is a i7 3770 16gb ram nvidia EVGA Gtx 670 2gb. Finally a PC OS designed for gaming to get rid of the wasteful processes of windows.
Showing 1-15 of 2,370 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50