Ez a téma zárolásra került
Why do you allow forum moderators to lock critical posts?
I've noticed this was rampant in the Guncraft forums and today I'm noticing that threads are being locked in the Towns forums--people are expressing their honest opinions about the games.
< >
18/8 megjegyzés mutatása
I'm sure the moderators have the reasons why they lock the threads.
If a moderator locks a thread they should have to post a reason why and their name so the community could observe them. I buy A LOT of stuff on Steam and I'd like there to be some accountability for them.
Thre is a difference between 'constructive criticism' and 'trolling'

And don't couch "I'd buy more stuff on steam" because of some moderation. That's just silly and you know it.

Also considering there's only like 5 locked threads on each of those forums in the first 100 threads. "Rampant" is not what I would call that. Most of the locked threads on Towns are simply developer name-calling. Most of the Guncraft locks are the inevitable "This is minecraft" nonsesene.

When pepole cannot adhere to the rules of the Discussion, such threads are locked or users are banned. That's normal forum moderation. Legitimate thoughtful criticism is fine. Screaming like a petulant child is not.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Satoru; 2013. szept. 20., 12:46
Satoru eredeti hozzászólása:
Thre is a difference between 'constructive criticism' and 'trolling'

And don't couch "I'd buy more stuff on steam" because of some moderation. That's just silly and you know it.

Also considering there's only like 5 locked threads on each of those forums in the first 100 threads. "Rampant" is not what I would call that. Most of the locked threads on Towns are simply developer name-calling. Most of the Guncraft locks are the inevitable "This is minecraft" nonsesene.

When pepole cannot adhere to the rules of the Discussion, such threads are locked or users are banned. That's normal forum moderation. Legitimate thoughtful criticism is fine. Screaming like a petulant child is not.
+1
As Satoru has put well, there's a big different between constructive criticism and just flat out bashing.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. The latter... Not quite so much.
In many of the threads that I noticed either vanishing or getting locked people were offering honest opinions and were not bashing though. I believe that some moderators or people with moderator access may be abusing their authority, I really hope Steam does something to renew my faith in them regarding this issue.

And regarding what Satoru said on the Guncraft forums they were out right deleting many threads...people concerned about purchasing a game can't see deleted threads.
Juggler eredeti hozzászólása:
In many of the threads that I noticed either vanishing or getting locked people were offering honest opinions and were not bashing though. I believe that some moderators or people with moderator access may be abusing their authority, I really hope Steam does something to renew my faith in them regarding this issue.

Threads may be locked or deleted because other people engage in destrutive behavior, forcing the closure of the thread.

Also note that the original poster tends to delete said posts as well. Not all threads are deleted by moderators.

The towns forums are being trolled by two idiots right now. Their threads are being locked for a reason. Again when people can't behave like civilized human beings, then stuff goes down hill. They apparently don't understand what that is.

And regarding what Satoru said on the Guncraft forums they were out right deleting many threads...people concerned about purchasing a game can't see deleted threads.

There's still a ton of criticism on the Guncraft forums.

Also this pre-supposed that the Steam forums are some kind of be-all-end-all of all knowledge on the Internet. While it's maybe nice to think Steam is the center of the universe, it's not. Even if you assume by some incredible stretch of the imagination that the mods are silencing all the critics to sell more copies, they're only doing it here. The Internet still exists and people can make up their minds by relying on multiple sources if necessary.

also note that you're only seeing one 'part' of what is happening. Moderation is not only about content, but about CONTEXT.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Satoru; 2013. szept. 20., 13:40
Also, the game devs themselves might be moderators, as they usually are allowed to moderate their own forums(I think).
< >
18/8 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2013. szept. 20., 11:49