Computerman 4. Sep. 2013 um 14:00 Uhr
Steam Greenlight: a missed opportunity?
Does anyone feel that Steam Greenlight was ruined by games that are not Steam-worthy(I'm not saying they're BAD, just don't belong on Steam. But I will say, al lot on Greenlight are really horrid, though.)? I go through the Recents and all I'm seeing are Slender clones with slight gameplay features changed, iOS ports(which we ALL know are a bad idea at the start...), flat-out odd concepts (Bears vs. Babies, this one's for you) and this. Oh man, this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175175982

So do you see what I mean? I think that while there are some gems in the mine that is Steam Greenlight, most of what you find is just going to be rock.
Beiträge 1 - 15 von 33
< >
Alarian 4. Sep. 2013 um 15:15 Uhr 
I was really excited when Greenlight was announced, but I have to say so far I've been really disappointed with the amount of really bad games that have come out of it. It's gotten so when I see a greenlit game come up on the main page I get annoyed because I know it's most likely crap. Soo much 8-bit retro crap that's comparable to Atari games back in the early 80's. In hindsight, I really regret them doing Greenlight. It used to be when a game came up on the front page, even if it wasn't something I was interested in, there was a really good chance it would at least be worthwhile to look at, now... Soo much worthless crap comes up it's frustrating. They need to install a Greenlight games tab on the main page that takes you to all those games and keep 99% of them off the front page, except for the few exceptional ones.

robsterk82 4. Sep. 2013 um 15:19 Uhr 
In my own experience, and this is just my opinion, I do agree that more than half of the games on Greenlight do not appeal to me, however I believe that Greenlight is working just fine. Everyone deserves a chance to have their indie game to be seen by the community as something horrid for me might be a gem for the next guy, and in the end its how we vote that matters.
Vamandrac 4. Sep. 2013 um 16:06 Uhr 
I think it is hit or miss, but I have picked up several titles that went through Greenlight (Papers Please, Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves, and Organ Trail) that have been really fun. You have to take the good with the bad.
robsterk82 4. Sep. 2013 um 16:20 Uhr 
The two Greenlights I've picked up are Prison Architect and Kenshi (though I'm a little disapointed with the lack of progress in Kenshi, unless something came out very recently) they are both a lot of fun and well worth the money.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von robsterk82; 4. Sep. 2013 um 16:30 Uhr
Barronak^ 4. Sep. 2013 um 23:00 Uhr 
99% of greenlight games are absolute ♥♥♥♥♥.. how on earth half the crap gets anywhere let alone on here is a disgrace.. i for one am sick of all this 8 bit rubbish
T@F 4. Sep. 2013 um 23:27 Uhr 
Tbh going by the past experience of ppl voteing in steam summer/winter deals what did you expect.
ppl are just clicking the buttons that why we getting all this ****. as there given the devs false hopes.
There are one or two that do look good though. (like stonehearth.)

But still 90% of them are rubbish imo and the devs are going to be dissapointed when they don't sell well once released, as ppl then realise they have to buy that rubish.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von T@F; 4. Sep. 2013 um 23:28 Uhr
G00N3R 4. Sep. 2013 um 23:53 Uhr 
Its given me Miasmata and SangFroid, which are both really good, but without Greenlight I probably would never have played them, so I feel like its been worthwhile. And I've got my eye on a few other Greenlight games that aren't released yet, that look pretty good, so over time my feeling is only going to get better.
sfnhltb 5. Sep. 2013 um 1:43 Uhr 
Err, why did you expect anything else? Anything that is certain to get on Steam because it is exceptionally good they will just work to sign it up and get it available for sale immediately. Greenlight will always tend to be more marginal stuff that many people won't be interested in.
MrHarry 5. Sep. 2013 um 2:30 Uhr 
What I don't understand is 20 years ago we have some fantastic 8-bit/16-bit games, with everything we have now surely people should be able to build better games...Perhaps steam needs to work closer with the developers to help them build better games, with training, support etc.
Just A Llama 5. Sep. 2013 um 6:35 Uhr 
The majority of greenlight isn't too appealing. A lot of the games feel so unfinished.
Mickyt 5. Sep. 2013 um 8:11 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von MaChOMaN^:
99% of greenlight games are absolute ♥♥♥♥♥.. how on earth half the crap gets anywhere let alone on here is a disgrace.. i for one am sick of all this 8 bit rubbish

Yeah well i am sick of cod, bioshock, borderlands etc. Greenlight games are better then those terrible games.
Laptop65 5. Sep. 2013 um 8:15 Uhr 
Black Mesa?
Mickyt 5. Sep. 2013 um 8:40 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von AtlasKnight:
Does anyone feel that Steam Greenlight was ruined by games that are not Steam-worthy(I'm not saying they're BAD, just don't belong on Steam. But I will say, al lot on Greenlight are really horrid, though.)? I go through the Recents and all I'm seeing are Slender clones with slight gameplay features changed, iOS ports(which we ALL know are a bad idea at the start...), flat-out odd concepts (Bears vs. Babies, this one's for you) and this. Oh man, this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175175982

So do you see what I mean? I think that while there are some gems in the mine that is Steam Greenlight, most of what you find is just going to be rock.

Voted and favourited.
Τhe Rolling Candy Cane 5. Sep. 2013 um 9:29 Uhr 
Who cares? If you don't like it, don't buy it. You can still buy all the call of duty's and borderlands to your heart's desire. I for one welcome new games even if I see them as bad. A game I see as terrible may be enjoyable for some other niche audience.

If you're gonna vent about how bad a system or game is, at least have the courtesy to propose a fix. A game passes greenlight because the populace decided that it was worthy, and that's all that really matters.
robsterk82 5. Sep. 2013 um 15:07 Uhr 
I have to agree about the 8 bit style games, some of them seem like the creators just want a piece of the pie. What I mean is that its starting to look like people are just making very low end games in hopes of making a few bucks, let me rephrase that, it seems like its more about the money not the game. I know people will say of course its about the money that's the whole point, and I understand and agree but what I mean is that these games are lacking the love, pride and passion true developers put into their games.
Beiträge 1 - 15 von 33
< >
Pro Seite: 15 30 50
Geschrieben am: 4. Sep. 2013 um 14:00 Uhr