Digital Zephyr Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:29am
Discussion boards going to the dumps.
First with all the trading card post are littering the game boards now Steam is giving out game coupons to everyone that completes a badge and are being reposted on the boards.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
WhoisJohnGalt? Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:31am 
I know its terrible.
Zefar Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:31am 
We're trying to delete all of those topics. If you want to help you can report the topic.
Fox Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:46am 
It would be better if there was a seperate forum for them, without a containment board they will continue coming to other boards.
Tito Shivan Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:51am 
The trading forums at SPUF didn't stop people from posting trades on the general forums either.
Only moderation works to keep them clean.

In any case a proper channel for trading is pretty much a necessity over here. Sending users to SPUF is a workaround at best.
RichardV Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:07am 
Yeah its a problem, although some of the game forums have a dedicated trading section and it has helped. If no developer is available to create such forum, then maybe the mods could start setting it up themselves.

Last edited by RichardV; Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:08am
Switch Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:50am 
I think that adding the "add to steam discussion" achievement for the Community Badge has lead to people posting ANYTHING. Luckily the admins seem to be quick to locking these threads.
Tito Shivan Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:53am 
Originally posted by Switch meh. :
I think that adding the "add to steam discussion" achievement for the Community Badge has lead to people posting ANYTHING. Luckily the admins seem to be quick to locking these threads.
And what you see now is NOTHING to what it was when the achievement was introduced into the Beta...That was a spamfest.
muckymucks Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:36am 
The cards and coupons aren't that bothersome. What bothers me is how literally every forum is littered with "I can't run the game!" threads. Every. Single. One.
Last edited by muckymucks; Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:37am
Satoru Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:37am 
Originally posted by muckymucks:
The cards and coupons aren't that bothersome. What bothers me is how literally every forum is littered with "I can't run the game!" threads. Every. Single. One.

Isn't that pretty much every forum on every single site regardless
Last edited by Satoru; Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:37am
muckymucks Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:41am 
Originally posted by Satoru:

I haven't seen it as prominent as I do on Steam. They would help matters by creating a second forum for each game so people can talk about technical issues without ruining the main forum.
Satoru Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:48am 
Originally posted by Satoru:

I haven't seen it as prominent as I do on Steam. They would help matters by creating a second forum for each game so people can talk about technical issues without ruining the main forum.

Depends on the community hub. Some hubs have separate sub-discussions for that but onl if the dev is managing the community hub.
sfnhltb Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:14am 
It wouldn't fix it completely, but I think a general trading forum would move a good chunk of the trading offers there - it isn't so bad on the main boards as you have moderators and lots of other stuff going on, but plenty of the lower traffic game forums are nothing but trading threads now.

I would say it surprises me with the community badge for posting in the forums that more people can't just find a thread among the many thousands and add something constructive (or even just post in one the off topic "games"), but instead have to create new threads just to say nothing.

Of course this is nothing compared to the games that made an achievement for uploading a user designed level. That is a really bad idea - give an achievement for going into the editor, sure, but having a huge amount of quickly made custom levels spamming up the custom level list isn't a great idea.
eram Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:22am 
No trading at all on the forums would be better as the Steam client already has built in trading features.
Last edited by eram; Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:23am
Tito Shivan Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:56am 
But the client still lacks the tools to put players in contact to trade. (unless you use the marketplace)

If i have X and want Y there is no tool to allow me finding someone who has Y and wants X.
( The steam client still makes 'traditional' trading abit too cumbersome)
Is that 'meetup' phase what usually litters forums.

Interestingly enough, the Portuguese subforum DO has it's own trading thread. Seems to be the only place on the discussions that has channelled (thus allowing) trading within here.
eram Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:21am 
Originally posted by Tito Shivan:

Interestingly enough, the Portuguese subforum DO has it's own trading thread. Seems to be the only place on the discussions that has channelled (thus allowing) trading within here.

Lots of forums have trading sub sections.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:29am