FlameHorse Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:44pm
Valve will be appearing at Gamescom, 22 Aug 2013
http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-5-and-half-life-3-could-be-appearing-at-gamescom-2013

Now this does not mean they will be revealing Half Life 3, or even talking about it, but I think we may fairly expect it, since everyone will be asking them about it. They will certainly be unveiling new stuff, since if all they have is news, they could just do that on the Net.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
RadicalElation Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:50pm 
Something has to be happening. I shrugged off the Korean in the HL2 update with no problem, but then the Korean in the TF2 Surgeon Simulator update?

Maybe Valve is just messing with people, but the sudden Korean in two different things Valve-related is just too much to be a coincidence. Could just be hats, though. Lots and lots of hats.

Heck, maybe Half-Life 3 is going to just be Hat-Life 3 and we need to buy like ten different hats in real life, each with an installable piece of the game, so we have to buy them all to finally play HL3.

Then again, it could be Steam Box related. Or even a new IP. Or just some new features to the Steam client following the trading cards.

It's Valve, it could be anything...or nothing.
Last edited by RadicalElation; Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:55pm
Satoru Jul 7, 2013 @ 6:04pm 
OP note that the examiner is a notorious pit of misinformation from stupid people who can write or regurgitate anything they want. Always fact check stuff from there because the people who can post to it are morons.

Note in this case they cross link to another site, and that site links to Neogaf.

But we can confirm from Gamescon's own website taht indeed Valve is a registered attendee

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/ausstellersuche/suche/suche.php?&fw_goto=aussteller/details&&kid=0040075218&values={%22stichwort%22%3A%22valve%22%2C%22start%22%3A0}

Just be careful about stuff on examiner as it's genrally not very reliable.
Russiah Jul 8, 2013 @ 11:29am 
Valve aren't messing with anybody. "People" are wishful-thinking and like tinfoil-hat-weraring conspiracy-theorists, trying to read things that aren't there into every possible scenario because they desperately WANT Valve to announce HL3
Why would people have to wear a tinfoil hat to protect themselves from something they want?
Last edited by Russiah; Jul 8, 2013 @ 11:30am
RadicalElation Jul 8, 2013 @ 12:46pm 
Valve has almost never commented on speculation and rumors, but this was a rare time they did to say it was a mistake. They didn't in the past, at least not through social media. Usually just when they clear up the mistake and include a reason in update news.

On their own, the two Korean "incidents" are nothing, but they happened so close together and the tranlsation of the Korean in Surgeon Simulator being the first heard words in Half-Life. It's not some silly "13 - 11 + 1 = 3 = Half-Life 3 on 11/1/13" crap. It's more-than-odd coincidences that can be connected without much stretching.

There's little leaping to be done. Korean in one game (which could have been a mistake), but then Korean appearing again, intentionally on a model, that translates to the first words of Half-Life. See there? That's just the facts, no crazy conclusions or connecting something to nothing.

I never jumped on the hype train before about Valve rumors, but it'd be stupid to say that there doesn't at least appear to be an intentional connection.

Did you read what else I said? About how it could be anything or nothing? They could just be announcing a little project with a Korean developer, like Nexon-related items in TF2, or could be something as ridiculous Psy providing voice work for Gordon Freeman in future HL titles, or even just a mistake on Valves end with the language and the Surgeon Simulator Korean writing was a coincidence.

But, no, I guess I'm just a conspiracy nut for going over both reasonable and ridiculous possibilties, including all of it being absolutely nothing. Yeah, that's it. There's nothing idiotic about how you're being.
TomJ Jul 8, 2013 @ 12:53pm 
YES HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED YESSSSSSSSSS
Erosinnin Jul 8, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
i have only seen rumours and retarded articles about HL3
the best one so far is the one where it says that the person the levels their steam level the most by X date gets to announce HL3 from space with the devs lol
Sloppy Seconds Jul 8, 2013 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by Coffeephile:
YES HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED YESSSSSSSSSS

Eh, if anything it will be regarding the Steam Box(es). Frankly, if they don't show anything, the state of the project seems dubious.
Muu Jul 8, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
Half-Life 3 announcement, remember me.. I called it!
Arcanis.FR Jul 8, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
whatever is announced by valve (steambox or HL or a new franchise?) i'll be happy =D
muckymucks Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:08pm 
The day Valve announces Half-Life 3 is the day the legend dies. No matter what Valve does in Half-Life 3 it can not compete against the hype and expectaions the gaming community has built for the game over the years.

If I were Gaben I would never touch the Half-Life series again.
Last edited by muckymucks; Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:09pm
muckymucks Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:17pm 
Originally posted by TheBDK:
Derp derp derp, introducing Half-Life 3 with multiplayer derp derp derp.

There already is a Half-Life multiplayer. It's called Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.
half -life 3 confirmed????
Kuwlio Jul 9, 2013 @ 10:04pm 
HL3 Confirmed
SHREDDER Jul 10, 2013 @ 5:14am 
So Steanbox will finaly appear there it seems. They might also announce some new games but they will talk more about steambox i think. Cant wait to see what exactly it will be. 1 month and 12 days left! We can wait!
Plot Seeker Jul 10, 2013 @ 5:20am 
Originally posted by SHREDDER:
So Steanbox will finaly appear there it seems. They might also announce some new games but they will talk more about steambox i think. Cant wait to see what exactly it will be. 1 month and 12 days left! We can wait!
Yea they will probably be talking about their new console. What I think would be hilarious if they said Hl3 is confirmed and the release date is something like 2030.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:44pm