Zorlac Jun 8, 2013 @ 3:21pm
In general how is software doing on steam?
I think that adding software to steam was a fantastic idea, and any time any of it is on sale it rockets to the top sellers list. Only issue I see is the extremely slow release of software. Anyone know if it's because it's doing poorly here, or if people simply don't know they can sell software on steam yet?

One of the main reasons I asked was because there's only what, 36 pieces of software for sale on steam, and none currently on greenlight. I was hoping for more to be released here. (like fraps on steam would be amazing for example).
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Death to Ming! Jun 9, 2013 @ 3:08pm 
Well without any concrete knowledge, i would guess is probably due to the fact that the steam software store is still in its infancy, therefor there isnt a great amount of data.

But im sure just like the games market it will slowly build, gain more attention from publishers and grow bigger and stonger.
2point4 Jun 9, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
So far it really seems focused on game development or otherwise gaming-focused software. There's only so much of that stuff out on the market. I guess it'll grow over time, but if what Steam has on offer is only going to remain under this limited scope then the collection will probably just stay really small.
Zorlac Jun 9, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
Originally posted by 2point4:
So far it really seems focused on game development or otherwise gaming-focused software. There's only so much of that stuff out on the market. I guess it'll grow over time, but if what Steam has on offer is only going to remain under this limited scope then the collection will probably just stay really small.

I hope it picks up, I'd love to see it do well on here.
crimsonfate Jun 12, 2013 @ 12:54pm 
There will be more, but it is going to take some big software brands to push more. I think we'll start seeing a lot more once Photoshop is added to the store. It should be coming soon, since it was found in the Steam registry about 3 weeks ago.
Galdor Elendil #Keepostorm Jun 12, 2013 @ 12:55pm 
More to come, I assume.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 8, 2013 @ 3:21pm