iViking 2013년 3월 5일 오전 10시 12분
Why should I invest in the Steam Box?
I'm saving up for a gaming PC to play my Steam games, but I'm researching the Steam Box. So far I am unimpressed. All the talk about the Steam Box is merely rumors and there's not even a tentative release date. Valve is keeping quiet about this system, and judging on the company's business plan, I might not even see it come to light. I'm not convinced that the Steam Box really exists.
< >
12개 댓글 중 1-12개 표시
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 2013년 3월 5일 오전 10시 17분 
I hear it's wise to only invest in to things that actually are ready for sale. The steambox in it's current state is just slightly above rumor status.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 3월 5일 오전 10시 19분
Firask 2013년 3월 5일 오후 1시 03분 
How much you willing to spend on a gaming PC?
Power of Seven 2013년 3월 5일 오후 3시 31분 
Gabe Newell just announced to press that the Steam Box prototypes are probably going out to developers in three to four months. So it's not a "rumor" that it exists and he's making them for real.
iViking 2013년 3월 5일 오후 8시 12분 
Not good enough for me. Valve is a company of software developers. Therefore they have zero experience with hardware.
Spawn of Totoro 2013년 3월 5일 오후 8시 15분 
Power of Seven님이 먼저 게시:
Gabe Newell just announced to press that the Steam Box prototypes are probably going out to developers in three to four months. So it's not a "rumor" that it exists and he's making them for real.

No one said it wa s rumor. What is a rumor is what is in it and how it will work.

That is why The Rolling Cheese said it was slighly above a rumor.

That is subject to change untill release.
Spawn of Totoro 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 3월 5일 오후 8시 17분
MadCat 2013년 3월 5일 오후 8시 50분 
Valve is a software developer, but if i recall, the spark that started the steam box rumor was that they hired a hardware/controller developer
I would run from steam & any steam products like a ♥♥♥♥♥ with his boots on fire tbh... but that's just me and that's my opinion in hindsight.
Iceman77's_SON_LEAVE_ME_ALONE 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 3월 6일 오전 4시 53분
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 2013년 3월 6일 오전 11시 03분 
Oneonyourface님이 먼저 게시:
i used to think it was a great idea. but having experienced big picture im not so sure.
every game i have requires a mouse to change settings in the intermediate menu before launch. if the game has no menu then often in game the settings need a mouse to change (Trine2 is an example of a big picture controller game that requires a mouse for changing settings.

with the experience of Sony and Microsoft, not forgetting the often forgot nintendo i cant see ANY reason for the steam box?? the advantage of PC over consoles has shrunk over the years and the feature set of these modern media boxes we call consoles out strip what windows / linux offers right now for ease of use.

still i stand to be corrected. maybe big picture wont be a dogs dinner for ever?

If steambox has nvidia shield streaming technology without the need for a nvidia GPU, then it might sell. I would love to be able to stream from PC to TV without actually moving the PC from my desk.

If the steambox is a PC with just standard ubuntu on it, then Valve is aiming at a tiny demographic that doesn't already have a capable PC.

After much thought, modular computing sounds incredibly stupid, the price would be astronomically high because there is no competitors producing modular parts for the system. Would be cheaper just to build a custom micro-atx computer.

Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 3월 6일 오전 11시 09분
TheWebDoctor 2013년 3월 6일 오후 1시 43분 
there working with Nvida and the creators of X3
iViking님이 먼저 게시:
Not good enough for me. Valve is a company of software developers. Therefore they have zero experience with hardware.
Dreakon13 2013년 3월 6일 오후 4시 29분 
The Rolling Cheese님이 먼저 게시:
I would love to be able to stream from PC to TV without actually moving the PC from my desk.
Isn't that pretty much the idea behind wireless HDMI cables?
TheWebDoctor 2013년 3월 6일 오후 4시 40분 
O.O wait there's wireless HDMI cables?
;864961713006650388님이 먼저 게시:
I would love to be able to stream from PC to TV without actually moving the PC from my desk.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 2013년 3월 6일 오후 5시 08분 
Dreakon님이 먼저 게시:

Right but I don't have a long enough usb cable to extend from my room all the way to the living room. How am I going to control the computer? Pretty sure wireless usb's don't pass through several walls.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 3월 6일 오후 5시 08분
< >
12개 댓글 중 1-12개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2013년 3월 5일 오전 10시 12분
게시글: 11