SubCmdr Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:45am
Trading question?
So, I am getting a new video card and as a promotion they will be giving me a steam download code for Crysis 3 and BioShock Inf. I have no interest in either game. Is it possible to trade those two for like Arma 3, when it comes to Steam on the 5th of March and Hitman Absolution (maybe Arma 2 Complete too)? I just do not know how the trading system really works.
Last edited by SubCmdr; Feb 28, 2013 @ 4:11am
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
SubCmdr Mar 1, 2013 @ 2:33am 
Any thoughts?
«Gғм» Kid Of The Century Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:33am 
By "Steam download code" I assume it's a serial key, which Steam discourage the trading of.
It's not strictly forbidden, but if you get scammed or scam someone else, the game/item won't be retrieved and the offending part might get a trade ban.

Besides, no-one in his mind will buy/give a stranger (you) a game for a key that may or may not work. You'd have more luck with one of your friends which know and trust you.
SubCmdr Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:02am 
Thanks for the response. I was hoping there was a system in place to prevent me getting scammed. Again I appreciate your response.
Last edited by SubCmdr; Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:02am
Spawn of Totoro Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:42am

What should I not trade for?

Do not trade for anything that cannot be added into the trade window within Steam. The most common examples of these scenarios are the following:

Trading items/gifts for CD Keys. You cannot add a CD Key into the trade window. CD Keys that are offered can be for a different game, fake, used or region restricted. A common example of this trade is trading items/gifts in return for a promotional CD Key that is never given to you.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:45am