Black Hawk Jesus Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:31am
PLEASE STEAM RAISE THE PRICES OF THE GAMES AND THE NEXT DAY/WEEK PUT THEM ON SALE!
You did it a lot of times lately...

SO THE REAL PRICE OF A GAME BEFORE THE SALES WOULD BE 29.99€, $, £ AND WHILE ON SALES TO BE 50€, $, £ + the 33%, 66%, 75% off (Not saying costs 49.99 but 50 just to look more expensive-using exactly the opposite theory they using on store).

With the price they used to had a game at 29.99 and a 50% off you would really pay 14.99, rising the price on the same game to 49.99 just a few days before the sale off you actually pay 24.99, almost the double price for no reason except that they doing it to gain as much as they can with no really efforts and stupid ways. I don't care if it's still cheap or not, I mind the methods they using to their customers.

Happened some time ago with Skyrim and Max Payne 3. Also on other games... just remember the prices on some games you will notice that too.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/0/846946588482963845/ Check this, you might think is off topic and totaly different but it's actually what made me write all the things above, it's mostly about losing faith on Steam and not really about the game.

P.S. I don't wrote this because I want to make steam a better platfrorm by any means, the only reason is because it really annoys me and I want to make other users who read this start thinking a bit more.
Last edited by Black Hawk Jesus; Feb 27, 2013 @ 12:02pm
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:38am 
Prices are set by the publishers of the games, as are the sale prices.

Valve/Steam do not set any prices, other than their own games. Take up your price anger with the publishers/developers (Also try keeping The War Z stuff in the The War Z gamehub. I don't want that battleground spilling elsewhere. It's a mess...).
Black Hawk Jesus Feb 27, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
Really it's not Steam? Using your logic every publisher can sell their games even for 1 cent if they want it on steam store,right?

Biggest lie that Valve/Steam doesn't set the prices, of course they do and of course they can. I would send you the link from their site if it wasn't down rightnow (http://www.valvesoftware.com) which says that they (steam) recommend the right price for the games are on steam because basically they know better so it's better to listen them to make biggest profit. Even if you want to sell your game very cheap they will suggest you to sell it on a specific price. So it's both Publishers and mostly Valve/Steam because it's their store!

Every time a random person on steam forum saying that about publishers and prices making me think it's not coincidence.
Last edited by Black Hawk Jesus; Feb 27, 2013 @ 12:02pm
FrazerJC Feb 27, 2013 @ 12:05pm 
Originally posted by Black Hawk Jesus(Saints):
Really it's not Steam? Using your logic every publisher can sell their games even for 1 cent if they want it on steam store,right?
If they wanted to, yes. But that would be silly as they need to make a profit on their games.

To developers NEW to Steam, yes, Valve will SUGGEST a price range for their game based off various figures and data from other games on Steam. However, that's all it is - A suggestion. The developers/publishers still choose the final pricing, when a game goes on sale and how much the game is during that sale.
Tito Shivan Feb 27, 2013 @ 1:41pm 
Reccomend != Set
If Steam could set the prices, why are the CoD Titles stupidly expensive even on a sale?
Why MW3 has never gone beyond 50% off when other titles. It wuld sell like free candy, yet it doesn't.
Why AAA games on release are usually more expensive on release on Steam than on Retail? Why Valve doesn't blow prices on release and eats up all that revenue that goes away to cheaper retail copies?
If Steam sets the prices, Why so many X-Mas Sales were cheaper on other channels (Amazon, GMG) and why didn't Steam improve their sale prices to match those offers and avoid people to go out buying?

Game pricing is a fairly complex task. Saying Steam is solely responsible for fixing them ir a really short sighted view.
At the end of the day, it's the publisher the one who owns the title, the one with the final word on how, where and for how much their product is sold.
Last edited by Tito Shivan; Feb 27, 2013 @ 1:42pm
Tsundere Kanojo Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
I thought Skyrim was always 49.99, along with Max Payne 3.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't changed the base price for it at all.
Dreakon Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Not sure what the point of this is anyways. Are you upset that the prices are too high? If so... you can always wait for a sale or simply not buy them. That is your right as a consumer.

Or are you complaining that some games go on sale too often? If so... first world problems...
Last edited by Dreakon; Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:19pm
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by Tsundere Kanojo:

Steamprices.com says Skyrim has been as low at $29.99. Max Payne 3 has hit $14.99 during a holiday sale.
FrazerJC Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:43pm 

There was a glitch on the UK Store shortly before the Holiday Sale where Skyrim was incorrectly priced about £10 cheaper than it should have been - if I remember correctly.
Tsundere Kanojo Feb 27, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

Steamprices.com says Skyrim has been as low at $29.99. Max Payne 3 has hit $14.99 during a holiday sale.

I meant the actual base price, not the price when it goes on sale.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 27, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

I meant the actual base price, not the price when it goes on sale.

And you even said it in your last post too. I sorta missed that part. Sorry. :)
al Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:08pm 
There are third-party sites that track historical Steam prices, you could use that to check if a price has really changed.

While we have made pricing mistakes in the past, they are usually corrected quickly within a matter of hours.
Black Hawk Jesus Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:56pm 
Originally posted by al:
There are third-party sites that track historical Steam prices, you could use that to check if a price has really changed.

While we have made pricing mistakes in the past, they are usually corrected quickly within a matter of hours.

Just to make it clear... I'm not talking about the mistakes on prices.

I know they had changed the prices on these 2 games (Skyrim and Max Payne 3) for sure because I had them on my wishlist and I was checking them almost everyday more than a month - If I knew this would happen I would take screenshots before and after.

So the price for each of these games was:
Early December: 29.99
After 15 December: 49.99
During Christmas sale: 49.99 and 50% off = 24.99
A week after the sales has ended: 29.99 until rightnow.

So what I'm saying is raise the price again and put it on sale, for a fake sale of 50% for example. Because it's the 50% off of the 49.99 and not of 29.99 which used to be like before.

No, for these 2 games was 29.99 each and they just changed it to 49.99 for the Christmas sale and they had 50% off, when the Christmas sales was over the price went down again to 29.99 until now. Which means they just raised the price so with the discount to sell it more money and I find it really annoying and stupid. Seriously, they pay people to think smart ideas like this?

Originally posted by Dreakon:
Are you upset that the prices are too high?

At the first post I said " I don't care if it's still cheap or not, I mind the methods they using to their customers."
I'm upset when they rise the price of a cheap/normal game just to sale it with a fake 50-75% off few days later.
Was few games like this but I cared about these 2 because I wanted them... still hadn't bought them and never will because of that but I have finished them (I mean playing at friends of course!!!!)
Last edited by Black Hawk Jesus; Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:58pm
Koreansk-Dansk Ryger (-。-)y-゜゜ Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:36pm 
I just buy my games from a third party site. Much much cheaper.

But then Steam sales come and i find something i want i buy it becuase it's dirt cheap then xD
KARR Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:56am 
Originally posted by Black Hawk Jesus(Saints):
So the price for each of these games was:
Early December: 29.99
After 15 December: 49.99
During Christmas sale: 49.99 and 50% off = 24.99
A week after the sales has ended: 29.99 until rightnow.

But a THIRD PARTY steam price tracking site shows Max Payne as NEVER being £49.99.

£24.99 at release, on sale at £14.99 a few months later, Then over xmas at various prices down to £7. Indeed xmas was when i bought the main game AND the season pass for LESS than £13.00

Max Payne 3 (ROW), Max Payne 3 Season Pass Purchase £12.48

Tito Shivan Feb 28, 2013 @ 4:16am 
I haven't seen any price spike on skyrim either, and it's a title I've been watching since day one.
Steam prices does not show any price spike either.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:31am