Vaas Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:53pm
Wondering If someone could help me?
So long story short what happened was my son heard about PS2 and wanted to download it. And he did. Problem was I already had it downloaded. But I downloaded it from steam he got it from the SOE website. So basically I was like we only need one and I don't know anything about computers and I deleted both of the programs using the control panel, And proceeded to download it from steam again. But something happened. It didnt ask me for my account information or anything. Said I was still logged in and all my settings for graphics and audio where still there. Which was very strange because I did something similar to this on my laptop where I deleted the game and re installed it, and it asked me for everything. My account name, password on the launcher. Also all my in-game settings where on defaults. But this time it wasnt... I know nothing about pc's so Im worried some data might be screwed up or something because its as if I never re installed it. Actually correction first time I did it all my key bindings and stuff where kept while all the other setting, Graphics audio ect where swicthed :/ Im worried I may have caused some conflicting data or something
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Noizzzmaker (banned) Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
does it still work? it probably did not delete the preference file when you uninstalled, leaving you with the old settings for the most part
Silicon Vampire Feb 22, 2013 @ 4:05pm 
What is PS2?
SnarKs Feb 22, 2013 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
What is PS2?
At first i thought playstation 2, then i remembered planetside 2.

Anyhow. That sounds pretty normal honestly. Some games still keep config settings and even saved login information even if you uninstalled them. The uninstall just doesnt delete all the information.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:53pm