clanX-boZia Feb 21, 2013 @ 3:10pm
Vanishing Gift
i recieved a gift- before i could click 'accept' my pc crashed. now,the gift is not in mypending and not in mylibrary- i have the email saying 'click here to redeem' and when i do,m steam just says 'scanning steam licenses' and stays that way- all day and night. i tried support, they have ignroed me. so, what am i meant to do now? walk away knowing the person who sent me something got robbed? no, i didnt already have the game, btw
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
DoubleD Feb 21, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
Have you asked them to try and resend it?
After restarting Steam it is not in your inventory or in your game list?
clanX-boZia Feb 21, 2013 @ 4:27pm 
yes, i asked to re-send,they have not responded in 2 days now. i tried restarting steam severaltimes and rebooting, to no avail. i may re-install it but i do not think that will make a difference, so... i just do not understand whythey ignore me, it is not like i did my support ticket in sumerian text or something, lol
Matt Feb 21, 2013 @ 4:28pm 
Sounds like the person sent you the gift but then recalled it. The fact that the person who sent it has not responded in 2 days sounds like you have no idea who this person is. Is that correct?
clanX-boZia Feb 21, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
oh, no, its steam support that has not responded. the person who gifted me is a best friend of our families and if i tell her i never got it, she will re-send, spending the cash again, because she is just like that, so i am waiting on steam to do the right thing, hopefully
Matt Feb 21, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
Did you check your inventory? If someone sent you a game it will remain there until you accept it. http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197972153546/inventory/
clanX-boZia Feb 21, 2013 @ 4:47pm 
thank you, yes i did checkmyinvetory. it turns out the game is not released yet, "You've received a gift copy of the game Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army on Steam"

but
she got the 4 pack and the others who received it have it in their librarylists, so i am confused. i was hoping this would get the attention of some helpful admin, since the support tickets have no response, but... we have 1 copy left, but it was for my pal and i already learned about double gifting... which i also disagree with, in that if 2 diff ppl send me the same game, i should be allowed to retain the 2 copies, and serials, but nope, steam says no, thanks for buying 2 copies and you can only have 1. it is pretty lame and i hope i am not getting a repeat of that
clanX-boZia Feb 21, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
though it took over a day, valve sent the gift back so she was able to re-gift it. thank you for the comments :)
Madness Feb 21, 2013 @ 7:22pm 
I am glad you got the gift back. That's cool that your friend gifted you that game. It seems pretty sweet :) That would be the best gift to get xD
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2013 @ 3:10pm