lakesideguy Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:01am
Origin and EA its time to ban Origin
If anyone has expierienced Orgin support Im sure you know just how bad it is. But this rant isn't just about how bad Origin is or how bad the support is. It's also about how EA has gone crazy and pulled STEAM games. They are obviously trying to harm STEAM when it has the better platform. In that case Origin has gone rogue and I think Ubisoft was wise to continue with STEAM. I would say in light of Origin's promotioins which I beleive to clear deception to it's customers with the vague details they give on them and pulling STEAM forcing you to use Origin I highly suggest users begin to ban EA games. I: think EA is crossing over into territory that far supercedes what Ubisoft has done iwth Uplay. I think EA is ilke N Korea iwth respect to its more quickly isolating itself from the gaming community forcing us to use Origin. I dont think this is generally good business practice but in addition they seem to have the same practice on promotions on games. If you've experienced Origin the way I have and feel vitctim to EA's promotional deceptance and agree with boyoctting EA and are willing to serve the greater good post your YA or NAY. I do think it's time gmares unite and send a clear message to EA that we wont tolerate this forced usage of Origin nor tolerate deceptive business practices iwth regard to premotions and the really bad suppoort representatives. Forum moderators are also jerks.
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Lostedge Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:10am 
Sorry, I could not get past the wall of text and did not read. Use something called paragraphs.
tmwfte Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:40am 
Really? Another one of these threads?

Originally posted by lakesideguy:
If anyone has expierienced Orgin support Im sure you know just how bad it is.

I've needed to contact Origin support three times. Twice for serial key issues and once for a hijacking of my account. In all instances, I used their live chat and all three issues were resolved instantly. Yes, of course, instant support is horrible. True support makes you wait a week for a response, only to have it be a cut and paste answer from the knowledgebase that doesn't answer your question, how inconsiderate of EA!?

It's also about how EA has gone crazy and pulled STEAM games. They are obviously trying to harm STEAM when it has the better platform.

Steam actually pulled the two games that were on the platform (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2) when their policy regarding DLC changed.

snip

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your misguided rant against Origin. Just know that competition is a good thing. It keeps prices within reason and in general keeps businesses honest. Wanting to control distribution of their own product is entirely within a businesses right, for everything you argue against Origin, the same is true of Valve and their games (imagine if you wanted to run Half-Life 2 on Origin or Uplay...wait, you can't do it. Boycott Valve! You see how ridiculous that is?).

Also, keep in mind that their older games are still available on Steam for you to purchase, their newer games likely will be available on Steam once their regular DLC schedule is exhausted and a "complete" edition comes out (see Crysis 2), and you're quite capable of buying EA games just about anywhere that isn't Steam. The Origin client, also, doesn't even need to run for most of the games.
Last edited by tmwfte; Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:41am
SnarKs Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:09am 
I will put my 2 cents in and say EA support is very fast. I needed a DLC key for mass effect, put in a support ticket, under a minute later, bam, response with the DLC key.

I havent used origin a whole lot outside of battlefield 3 beta, but I haven't had any issues with it. I will definitely be buying dead space 3 in the future at some point.
Chowder7116 Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:10am 
TL;DR
Τhe Rolling Candy Cane Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:35am 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
It keeps prices within reason and in general keeps businesses honest.

Are you talking about EA?
tmwfte Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:

I'm talking about all retailers. In regards to EA, you don't see them charging exorbitant higher than market rates, do you?
Τhe Rolling Candy Cane Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:15pm 

I'm talking about all retailers. In regards to EA, you don't see them charging exorbitant higher than market rates, do you?

Sim City "limited edition" 59.99 (limited is actually standard edition, so limited is used in a dishonest way).

Sim City "Deluxe Edition" also known as the edition with all the day 0 DLC content is 79.99.. I imagine it's 129.99 in Australia.

Deluxe Edition has all the Limited Edition content, so it makes the limited Edition not so limited.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Candy Cane; Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:19pm
tmwfte Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
Sim City "limited edition" 59.99 (limited is actually standard edition, so limited is used in a dishonest way).

Sim City "Deluxe Edition" also known as the edition with all the day 0 DLC content is 79.99.. I imagine it's 129.99 in Australia.

Neither are above what would be considered standard market value for a AAA release from a large publisher. The Limited Edition is only available as a pre-order, the extra DLC for pre-ordering will not be available with the standard edition upon launch (much like the Hunter Edition of Crysis 3 or the Limited Edition pre-order of Metro: Last Light).
Chowder7116 Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:43pm 

Deluxe Edition has all the Limited Edition content, so it makes the limited Edition not so limited.
Limited comes with DLC. Heros and Villans
Delph Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:52pm 
Origin is fine and is proving a good competitor to steam that should keep Valve on their toes. None of Valve's games are available from any other digital stores so why should EA allow Valve to sell their games? I really think people have gone completely overboard on the whole origin hate thing.
Chowder7116 Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:58pm 
Originally posted by Delph:
Origin is fine and is proving a good competitor to steam that should keep Valve on their toes. None of Valve's games are available from any other digital stores so why should EA allow Valve to sell their games? I really think people have gone completely overboard on the whole origin hate thing.
Haha. Compared to steam, Origin sucks!
tmwfte Feb 21, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
Originally posted by ☕Dingo☕ ©:
Haha. Compared to steam, Origin sucks!

That really depends on what your comparison points are. Origin has none of the expanded community features of Steam, but if you're talking stability and actual ability to have a working offline mode, the Origin client wins hands down.
ChrisW Feb 21, 2013 @ 1:00pm 
Steam actually pulled the two games that were on the platform (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2) when their policy regarding DLC changed.
Actually, EA pulled those games when they made the decision to refuse to allow Steam users to have any way at all to get DLCs for those games. That was EA's decision and designed to purposely make Steam look bad. They then allowed customers to blame Valve for being the only people on the planet that could not get DLCs for those games. They then used that to get their Steam customers to register their games to Origin in order to be able to get the DLC.

That said, it is EA's right to do what they want with their software. But we should not allow EA to get away with taking steps to screw over Steam customers. Valve's change in DLC policy was a response to EA screwing over Steam customers, not the other way around.
Duff Feb 21, 2013 @ 1:00pm 
EA isn't pulling any games from steam. it is steam pulling or not allowing the games because of how EA distributes their DLC.
Chowder7116 Feb 21, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
Im glad EA's new stuff is off steam. I didnt want to see their new DLC every 10 days.
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:01am