pctech86 Feb 20, 2013 @ 8:11pm
Tired of weird software
Anybody getting tired of the daily deals being some weird piece of software you have never heard of? I guess I miss just seeing games on Steam - I guess that's changing but still - it almost seems that the games are getting tossed to the side with all this weird software coming out
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
tmwfte Feb 20, 2013 @ 8:35pm 
One daily deal on GameMaker Studio means that the games are getting tossed aside? Funny that, considering the Midweek Madness, Weeklong Sales, and promotion on Steam for Linux going on, they must not be happening, right? The featured items on the store's front page must also not be games, right?
**ⓈHAⓇK** Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:11pm 
Point is that Daily Deals aren't the only deals.... I wouldnt mind an entire software library being available as long as they arent all Steam "logged in" / Internet Connection required
pctech86 Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:23pm 
No not one daily deal, I check the daily deals every single day, and have been getting disappointed with some of these software titles being released that aren't actually games - been here since the beginning and I'm starting to see less games. From your point of view it's just one daily deal, when I've been watching it daily for many years, so yes this is quite a HUGE change, but thnx for playin!
Mivo Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:31pm 
Wasn't long ago when there was one deal per week. Now we have one every day, plus WE deals, and Mid Week sales. The chance that there are (many) sales that do not phase you is appropriately large.
tmwfte Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:33pm 
Software (non-games that is) started being sold in September of last year. Go into the news and point out all of the daily deals for software. You might count seven, it's probably less. Sure, that's a "big" increase from zero, but the sky isn't falling. Steam sells non-games software now, big whoop.
Samalot Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:52pm 
There are 173 items on sale atm, most of which are 75% off and yet people will still moan about when one piece of software goes on sale.

It's crazy how many entitled threads pop up every time there's even a minor sale. The amount of crying in the winter sale about not getting free games was ridiculous.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2013 @ 8:11pm