McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:26am
STEAM SCREWED ME OVER! (Steam didn't, "friend" did)
Right does anyone have a clue as to how this happend, my friend gifted me left for dead 2. Then i get a message saying i have breached terms of service!!!!! and that my account is restricted! wtf!!! all my friend did was gift me the game now apparently im breaching terms. Then i go to get the redeemed game and its either expired or just not working. So i send steam a help request and have they replied, hell no, im furious! what a stupid company!!! I hope they see this as there about to get a storm of anger!
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Feb 19, 2013 @ 1:32pm
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:35am 
Contact Steam Support if you feel this is a false-flag on your account.

Hint: Contact them when you have calmed down. Swearing or writing in an angry tone won't make them want to help you.
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:38am 
I have sent them multiple calm yet stern support requests! They just left it! so much for customer support!
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:42am 
also the game my friend sent me doesnt even work, the pre download always says the server is too busy! just dont get it! what are they doing!
FrazerJC Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:43am 
Steam Support generally take 2-5 working days to respond, as they answer tickets in the order they receive them.

As for your friend: Follow the instructions given in this Support Article and see if it helps:
Steam Support -> Games do not run after 'Preparing to Launch'
ianskate Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:54am 
In regards to your concern, you're going to have to wait for a response as Frazer has stated.

Also, in the future, please don't post the same thread 5 times in different sections, it's spam.
Last edited by ianskate; Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:55am
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:59am 
My Apologies! i am just highly frustrated and was unsure of where to post it.
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 9:04am 
Also just wanted to get there attention if any, as i have waited patiently for a good while for a response! And in the past found P**sing off the company via spam seemed to get somthing done! Bit tired of comapnies snatching your money but not giving a service!
Hashbrick Feb 19, 2013 @ 9:27am 
Originally posted by McCrutches:
Also just wanted to get there attention if any, as i have waited patiently for a good while for a response! And in the past found P**sing off the company via spam seemed to get somthing done! Bit tired of comapnies snatching your money but not giving a service!

*Clap* You and every customer that thinks making a scene in a retail store is a good way to handle things. Calm down, ♥♥♥♥ happens, it will get fixed. It's fine to be ♥♥♥♥ed but to rage it on the company over something so stupid just spills ignorance and self entitlement. I'm more important I'm more important! Hey over here! Do you see me?!?! Help me first!!!!
«Gғм» Kid Of The Century Feb 19, 2013 @ 9:49am 
It seems the L4D2 copy your friend gifted you was purchased with a stolen CC. Or did a chargeback.

And the more you yell, the least you're going to get an extra help from some dev around here.
Lostedge Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:03am 
Originally posted by «Gғм» Kid Of The Century:
It seems the L4D2 copy your friend gifted you was purchased with a stolen CC. Or did a chargeback.

And the more you yell, the least you're going to get an extra help from some dev around here.

Yeah, ask your "friend" where he got the game. Your story sounds fishy and it is highly probable that you did something against steam end user agreement.
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:43am 
Well i spent alot of time being the quiet customer, and tbh you can only take so much :-) i dont stand in stores and shout, im always calm and reserved. But online there is no face. Im not ignorent ;-) how do i know they didnt just see the message and ignor it. Believe me, it happens alot :-) Nothing fishy at all, i had no funds in my bank to buy the game, he was with me and said. Ok i will buy the copy and gift it to you. He did, and vuala all this happend. 0% dodgy!! and for some reason my friend gifting it to me is dodgy! And no im not trying to wave my hands and jump the que, i have waited patiently for days for a response. And nothing, that is very poor customer service. First blocking me because there own gifting system failed. and secondly sending me a pretty unfair message that treats me like i have hacked the game or somthing and thirdly not even responding to my messages. I give thanks to FrazerJC for the help, hes given better customer service and doesnt even work for steam! Very tired of online companies thinking they can have it there way when you spend over 500 bucks on there website tbh! My friends out of pocket, i cant use the game and now my acocunt is blocked, great system!
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:46am 
Im going to hunt for as contact number if this doesnt get sorted tomorow!
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:46am 
and also if you sit in silence you never get anywhere :-)
Saiph Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:48am 
Squeaky wheels tend to get oiled first. ;-)
McCrutches Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:48am 
also im not even going to list the issues my friends and me have had with this system!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:26am