wep11 2013年2月19日上午6:48
Converting games to linux?
So does anyone know if there is any push to convert more games under Steam for Linux? Most of my favorite games are under windows right now which is 32bit for me, having everything on linux will speed things up tremendously (64bit) which means I won't be bogging down the servers with lag anymore ;)
正在显示第 1 - 5 条,共 5 条留言
< >
[dirrty]gsharp 2013年2月19日上午10:27 
Who told you such nonsense about 64bit making you lag less in multi-player Internet games?

Yes, there is a nice push to port games to Linux. Valve is leading the way. Over 100 games now have native Linux ports. They don't need Wine. They don't need any voodoo to run. Just pure, native Linux gaming.
wep11 2013年2月19日上午10:48 
That's good to hear, I haven't felt like configuring wine to run steam when I can just run my windows partition. Everyone's 64bit systems will run a little faster I find, some games are picky on load time and will drop you. Of course, I refuse to lower my settings at all to speed things up even a little, and thats a big deal with those nice open environments like in Arma 2.
Spawn of Totoro 2013年2月19日上午10:54 
引用自 wep11
That's good to hear, I haven't felt like configuring wine to run steam when I can just run my windows partition. Everyone's 64bit systems will run a little faster I find, some games are picky on load time and will drop you. Of course, I refuse to lower my settings at all to speed things up even a little, and thats a big deal with those nice open environments like in Arma 2.

The only reasin 64 bit OS runs a little smoother is because it can use all the available ram. A 32bit OS is limited to less then 4 GB of ram.

What OS is it? Did it come with your system?
ChrisW 2013年2月19日上午11:26 
I doubt most developers will be porting their old games over to Linux. But having Steam for Linux means developers will be more likely to release their new games with Linux support, especially if Valve releases a Steam box.
[dirrty]gsharp 2013年2月19日上午11:42 
引用自 ChrisW
I doubt most developers will be porting their old games over to Linux. But having Steam for Linux means developers will be more likely to release their new games with Linux support, especially if Valve releases a Steam box.

Depends on what you consider old, I guess.
正在显示第 1 - 5 条,共 5 条留言
< >
每页显示数: 15 30 50
发帖日期: 2013年2月19日上午6:48
帖子数: 5