MafiaxFire Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:26am
Can someone help me change my login name
i need to change my login name as i cant keep fully remembering it each time
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
OverlordTomala (Fedora) Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:27am 
You can't. Your login name is permanent.
Seven7 Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:28am 
you can chose nickname only
MafiaxFire Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:34am 
is it possible to change my email then
Vitdom Feb 18, 2013 @ 1:55am 
Yeah go into Settings and click Change email.
Sloppy Seconds Feb 18, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
Keep a note pad for this kind of info, ie. the stuff you don't visit regularly and/or have your login info saved to.
Last edited by Sloppy Seconds; Feb 18, 2013 @ 6:59pm
LieutenantClone Feb 18, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
Unfortunately it is not possible. I signed up back when your login name was your email address. So my login name is our family email address @ the ISP we were with at the time for dial up. I have not used that email in probably 7-8 years. :)

It is a bit funny logging in with an old irrelevant email address, but I have had a steam account so long I remember it the same as a screen name. :)
Kateweb Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:20am 

Originally posted by LieutenantClone:
Unfortunately it is not possible. I signed up back when your login name was your email address. So my login name is our family email address @ the ISP we were with at the time for dial up. I have not used that email in probably 7-8 years. :)

It is a bit funny logging in with an old irrelevant email address, but I have had a steam account so long I remember it the same as a screen name. :)

in your case you should contact support to change your account email address


Last edited by Kateweb; Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:20am
KARR Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:52am 
Originally posted by LieutenantClone:
Unfortunately it is not possible. I signed up back when your login name was your email address. So my login name is our family email address @ the ISP we were with at the time for dial up. I have not used that email in probably 7-8 years. :)

That is your username. That, you cannot change. However, the ACTUAL email address your account is registered through can be changed by following the steps in the posts above. If you are receiving 'thanks for your purchase' emails and 'steam guard' emails then your email is up to date.

The fact that your account name *looks like* (and is) an email address you'll have to either live with, or create a new account (losing any games you have).
LieutenantClone Feb 19, 2013 @ 9:28am 
Originally posted by Kateweb:
in your case you should contact support to change your account email address

Don't worry, I have already changed my email address several times since then. But I cannot change my login name. :)

Originally posted by KARR:
That is your username. That, you cannot change. However, the ACTUAL email address your account is registered through can be changed by following the steps in the posts above. If you are receiving 'thanks for your purchase' emails and 'steam guard' emails then your email is up to date.

The fact that your account name *looks like* (and is) an email address you'll have to either live with, or create a new account (losing any games you have).

Yep, I keep my email address on my account up to date, it is just the login name that I cannot change. But I do not have a real issue with it, I was just explaining my circumstances to the original poster to help him understand.
C.A.T.boss Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:48am 
I know your'e problem... I want to change it to. :\
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:26am
Posts: 10