Noahdaceo 16 fev. 2013 às 19:40
Giving games back
I bought a game a few months ago but I only played it for a total amount of 9 hours. Its past games I liked but this one never caught my attention like the last. I wanted to give it back to steam and get at least 75% of my money back. Although, the problem with digitally bought products, you cant give them back once you bought 'em! IS it possible to do this or can steam add this?
< >
A mostrar 1-14 de 14 comentários
Gus the Crocodile 16 fev. 2013 às 20:02 
They won't give you a refund just because you changed your mind, no.
Noahdaceo 17 fev. 2013 às 12:18 
Darn. Well ok then
banzaigtv 17 fev. 2013 às 12:20 
You can try trading the game for something else.
Kauldwin 17 fev. 2013 às 12:25 
Originalmente postado por banzaigtv:
You can try trading the game for something else.

No he/she can't. You cannot trade games in your Library (and since it's already been played, it's obviously not in Inventory).
Noahdaceo 17 fev. 2013 às 20:30 
Ok thnx
Pheace 17 fev. 2013 às 20:59 
at *least* 75% of the money back ... for a game several months after you purchased it (which may be worth far less new in store now) ... which you played 9 hours (for some games easily a whole playthrough)...

This sounds reasonable to you?
Spawn of Totoro 17 fev. 2013 às 21:04 
Originalmente postado por Pheace:
at *least* 75% of the money back ... for a game several months after you purchased it (which may be worth far less new in store now) ... which you played 9 hours (for some games easily a whole playthrough)...

This sounds reasonable to you?

Not to mention Steam gets 30% of a sale, and the 75% back would cost them and extra 45% of what was paid. Afterall, the developers won't be giving a single penny back. Steam would lose twice what it made from the sale.
Noahdaceo 20 fev. 2013 às 17:57 
Oh ok I understand now, thnx
Samalot 20 fev. 2013 às 21:54 
lol WTF. In what world did you ever expect this to be possible?

Is this your first time shopping? :S
stoudish 21 fev. 2013 às 1:19 
Feeling a bit entitled, aren't we?

Honestly, I would like to see some sort of trade-in system implemented -- nothing big, just a simple little program that lets you get something back for a game. The only stipulation I would have is that the game can't have been played for any amount of time. If you buy a game and never play it, you should be able to trade it back in if you don't want it. I dunno, maybe that's just ME feeling entitled.

That being said, it would send a more accurate message about how popular/well received a game is, which you would think developers would appreciate. The question is, would they be willing to foot the cost and slap that kind of guarantee on their product? If left to Valve alone, they won't do anything like this, but if certain developers agree to some kind of guarantee like this, who knows?

EDIT: To make things clear, whatever credit you got back for a game you didn't play would have to be spent on a game from the same developer, meaning they wouldn't lose any money in the end.
Última alteração por stoudish; 21 fev. 2013 às 1:21
Gus the Crocodile 21 fev. 2013 às 2:46 
Originalmente postado por stoudish:
That being said, it would send a more accurate message about how popular/well received a game i
How on earth can people who haven't played the game contribute to an accurate picture of anything?
Última alteração por Gus the Crocodile; 21 fev. 2013 às 2:47
stoudish 21 fev. 2013 às 2:58 
Originalmente postado por Gus the Crocodile:
That being said, it would send a more accurate message about how popular/well received a game i
How on earth can people who haven't played the game contribute to an accurate picture of anything?

If someone buys a game and doesn't play it, what does that say about the game? It says that they were willing to spend money on the game, but they weren't actually very lively when it came to actually playing the game. It reflects interest or lack of interest in the game -- if you see a certain title getting traded in a lot, maybe future iterations of that title should be tweaked to make them more entertaining and get gamers more interested in it.

You really don't think about things from a marketing perspective, do you?
Gus the Crocodile 21 fev. 2013 às 3:09 
I try not to, no. Anyway, Steam can already collect playtime stats at any time without giving people any money back, so giving more info to market researchers isn't exactly a point in favour of this idea.
Samalot 21 fev. 2013 às 3:11 
Originalmente postado por Gus the Crocodile:

If someone buys a game and doesn't play it, what does that say about the game? It says that they were willing to spend money on the game, but they weren't actually very lively when it came to actually playing the game. It reflects interest or lack of interest in the game -- if you see a certain title getting traded in a lot, maybe future iterations of that title should be tweaked to make them more entertaining and get gamers more interested in it.

You really don't think about things from a marketing perspective, do you?
lol wtf are you on about. What you've said there makes literally no sense.

Companies will never do this because they would lose sales and sales = money. You really don't think about things from a business perspective, do you?
Última alteração por Samalot; 21 fev. 2013 às 3:11
< >
A mostrar 1-14 de 14 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 16 fev. 2013 às 19:40
Comentários: 14