全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
Linux, Half-Life 1 Anthology. Opposing Forces and Blue Shift
If I buy the Half-Life 1 Anthology will Opposing Forces and Blue Shift work on Linux.
Half Life has the Tux icon but the other two do not!
How can they be sold as an Anthology if only one will work.

O
< >
1-8 / 8 のコメントを表示
The anthology only shows the windows icon. Only half-life shows the Steamplay with the windows, mac and linux icons.

So, no. Blueshift and Opposing Forces will not work on Linux.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70/

Right across form the "Buy Half-Life 1 Anthology" is the windows icon. All alone.
最近の変更はSpawn of Totoroが行いました; 2013年2月16日 16時24分
Dren64 2013年2月16日 16時40分 
Thanks. Just wanted another view. I will add it to my wish list!

Off to press the button and spend some cash

Regards

O
yeeyoh 2013年2月16日 20時23分 
might want to give this a quick look at... http://thelinuxsite.wordpress.com/tag/opposing-force/ seems like they might be soon. Not to mention same engine, same engine version etc. I can't see why they wouldn't run, not to mention the age of them, I'm sure someone has got them working on linex at one time or another.
Great games by the way.
最近の変更はyeeyohが行いました; 2013年2月16日 20時23分
yeeyoh の投稿を引用:
might want to give this a quick look at... http://thelinuxsite.wordpress.com/tag/opposing-force/ seems like they might be soon. Not to mention same engine, same engine version etc. I can't see why they wouldn't run, not to mention the age of them, I'm sure someone has got them working on linex at one time or another.
Great games by the way.

My understanding is because of the way they handle the graphics. That is the main part keeping games on diffrent platforms. OpenGL vs DirectX.
yeeyoh 2013年2月16日 20時34分 
I recall Half-life (blue shift, opposing forces) had the OpenGL right from the start. I think what they are doing is bringing linex version to the steam platform. I quite sure (but not possitive) people played them on linex before. I know unreal tournarment and quake III were being played on Linex as well as windows I can't see why half life wouldn't have been. Of course all that might have required more know how than just fireling up steam and launching the game.
yeeyoh の投稿を引用:
I recall Half-life (blue shift, opposing forces) had the OpenGL right from the start. I think what they are doing is bringing linex version to the steam platform. I quite sure (but not possitive) people played them on linex before. I know unreal tournarment and quake III were being played on Linex as well as windows I can't see why half life wouldn't have been. Of course all that might have required more know how than just fireling up steam and launching the game.

Yes, unreal an quake were. I never heard of HL doing so though. I'll look into it.
-----
Most of what I can find had people having issues with OpenGL. Though yes, the option was there. There may also be more to it then what I understand too. Most running it on Linux could also have been using Wine or some other wraper.
最近の変更はSpawn of Totoroが行いました; 2013年2月16日 20時46分
yeeyoh 2013年2月16日 20時46分 
Oh maybe not then, this is mostly guess work, and with Half life having quite a few options for video I just thought it was a given. Off to sleep, have a good one.
I have run Half Life 1 using Wine in the past. But now it is native on Linux I thought I would give it another go. I must have played it 5 or 6 times by now on one format or another. I never get fed up with it. Opposing Forces and Blue Shift would be a big bonus. I just cannot wait :-)

As it turns out It was all for nothing as the purchasing process is broken at present. I have tried twice to complete the purchase using PayPal and both times it has had 'Problems completing my purchase'. I used the same PayPal account to purchase Amnesia yesterday for my son on his account under windows so I think it may be a Linux issue :-(

I have an issue logged with support but that normally takes a while to resolve.

Thanks for all the comments.

O
< >
1-8 / 8 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2013年2月16日 16時13分
投稿数: 8