philster Feb 16, 2013 @ 3:59pm
help needed with skyrim
been playing the game for a few months . made the mistake of starting to download high resolution pac thinking i could still play my game now i cant play my game until it upgrades 4 gb of info. ....... is there anyway to stop and just play vanilla mode ...... note i was able to play my stock game while downloading a little bit at a time until the last update now it just says game isnt ready to play in offline mode
My internet service plan is only 5gb's per month i cant burn all my time one one update.. help please
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
DayOfTheSheep Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:31pm 
um, your gonna have to up your internet plan. Seriously PC gaming with 5gb p/m is just not the go.

Only thing I can think of is if you bought the game retail, reinstall from disc.
DayOfTheSheep Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:37pm 
Actually there is one other thing you can try.
Download skyrim script extender and follow the install instructions in the zip file.

and download nexus mod manager and use that to disable the texture packs.

and use that to launch SKSE. This may bypass steams update required notification.

No garuntees though.
philster Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:50pm 
Ty for your comments I just bit the bullet with large the download. Have to cut back on my internet use for the month. And yes my i nees to upgrade from 5gb but its just a money thing right now : (
I do have the nexus mod manager installed . Next time I'll be more careful with my downloads and use it SIGH..
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 16, 2013 @ 3:59pm