All kinds of "The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired"
This kind of situation didn't happen before the discription of Steam.exe became "Steam Client Bootstrapper (buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_client_win32@winslave04)" and the SteamService.exe , seems 2/3 updates for Windows actually is for Linux(Ubuntu?)

It mainly takes place on Valve's games and Source SDK
E.G. sometimes you run a Valve's game such as CS:S, a window will appear and tell you some content(s?) that includes "The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired".
Source SDK has this problem too, and it may cause you can't build a map but run the game

< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 4 sur 4
also sometimes there is nothing after you run a game or a tool

all the situations while you meet, just --kill steam and restart steam and run it again-- for ? times, then you will run the game or tool normally
Are you downloding torrents in the background? Something in bittorent causes this.
This has nothing to do with Bittorrent. I'm plagued with the same errors and nothing torrent-related is running.
Fire a écrit :
Are you downloding torrents in the background? Something in bittorent causes this.

BHSPitMonkey a écrit :
This has nothing to do with Bittorrent. I'm plagued with the same errors and nothing torrent-related is running.

I don't use Bittorrent and there is no any P2P programs running while this happens
my system is Win 8 Pro x86, I don't know if something wrong because of it
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 4 sur 4
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 16 févr. 2013 à 15h34