Araxus Anima Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:32am
Question about game download on steam with 2 accounts 2 PC
I would to like ask if anyone can give a tip.

Me and my brother just bought 2 copies Dead Island with separate account in each computer. I just wondering since we are downloading the same game, can I just download the game once in my computer and copy the game to my brother's computer? So I don't have to download twice. It is a 10 GB game so it will take a while for both of us.

It would be nice if I can just save time that way.

Thank you

Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Silicon Vampire Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:43am 
I do exactly that all the time on three computers.

There is no problem doing this. At all.

Copy over the entire game directory, then install as normal. The files will be found.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:45am
Araxus Anima Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:52am 
I tried to copy from my computer from Steam->SteamApps->Common->Dead Island. Then I put the whole Dead Island folder in my brother's computer. Launch steam on his account and no luck, steam still trying to download the game from 0%.

Is there any other way?
Silicon Vampire Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:57am 
Give it a minute. It should change to :"Discovering local files" or somesuch...

It will then proceed to DL anything that couldn't be transferred directly (small DL) and you should be n your way in a few minutes...
Araxus Anima Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:15am 
Hmmm I waited for 6 minutes no luck. I also tried to move the whole data to SteamApps->downloading->91310 and wait to another 6 minutes still downloading sigh.

Well I just might have to wait to finish another download then.

Thank you for replying Silicon Vampire.

Handl3vogn Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:19am 
Use the backup and restore games found in the steam menu. Back it up on the computer you downloaded it, And then restore to the computer you want the game on.
Last edited by Handl3vogn; Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:24am
Araxus Anima Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:42am 
Originally posted by Handl3vogn:
Use the backup and restore games found in the steam menu. Back it up on the computer you downloaded it, And then restore to the computer you want the game on.

Awesome this one works, thanks Handl3vogn! Save us 5 hours.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:32am