this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:43pm
CONFUSED ABOUT REFUND!!?
i recently bought a game that wasn't working properly so i contacted steam they gave me a couple of suggestions to try and get it working. tryed them didn't work so i was like screw this i will try and get a refund from paypal so i raised a case and phoned paypal and they said the only thing you can do is talk to steam about a refund. so i cancelled down the case came on steam checked my libary the game is no longer there? and when i go to the game it says to buy it again haha? i better get a refund or i will not be happy at all im not letting 29.99 slip throw my fingers i have proof of purchase on my paypal account so at least that is there! to back me up
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Mivo Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:08pm 
Disputing a payment is generally a bad idea and may have undesired side effects. My guess is that your refund is en route to your account, and I wouldn't be surprised if you won't be able to buy any more games from Steam, for a while.
love2shpongleIRL Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
Hmm, did you have paypal charge back? Doing that can get your account suspended. When I recieved a refund for rage they removed the game from my library and restored funds to my steam wallet, not a full refund to my bank account. Perhaps your 29.99 is in your wallet?
Last edited by love2shpongleIRL; Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:39pm
this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:20pm 
i've checked my wallet but nothing is in there :(. i closed the case down with paypal so i doubt i will get a temp ban i think if paypal actually refunded me the money instead of steam then thats when they would give me a temp ban. but if i haven't got the game and its asking me to pay again then they have to put the money in my wallet. think this will be the last time i go through this trouble again!!
this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
yeah your right man i went to purchase spiderman 3 and my purchasing has been disabled daaaam :( i closed the case with paypal. ah well that will be that!!
Delph Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
You will need to contact support. Opening a case with paypal indicates that you thought there was fraud on your account which is not the case. Therefore steam locks the account from further purchases. Chargebacks with paypal or credit cards are not refund mechanisms! They are serious and are for fraud only. Contact support and see what you can do to remove the ban. You likely will have to buy the game again
this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:50pm 
awh i didn't know it was for fraud :/ i thought it would help to get a refund :/. well i wont be buying the game again because i've been having problems with it thats the reason why i raised a case in the first place with paypal because the stuff steam was telling me to do weren't working so i thought paypal could refund me. but i never knew raising a case was for fraud i wont be doing that again thats for sure fuuuuh.
Spawn of Totoro Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:56pm 
Originally posted by this is war 88:
awh i didn't know it was for fraud :/ i thought it would help to get a refund :/. well i wont be buying the game again because i've been having problems with it thats the reason why i raised a case in the first place with paypal because the stuff steam was telling me to do weren't working so i thought paypal could refund me. but i never knew raising a case was for fraud i wont be doing that again thats for sure fuuuuh.

You need to settle things with paypal and Steam still or it will prevent you from buying any games on your current account.
this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:59pm 
yeah i have done i have ended the case on paypal and i emailed steam today letting them know the situation about the game not being in my libary etc and that i have cancelled the case with paypal so im just waiting to hear back from them.
Spawn of Totoro Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:01pm 
yeah i have done i have ended the case on paypal and i emailed steam today letting them know the situation about the game not being in my libary etc and that i have cancelled the case with paypal so im just waiting to hear back from them.

Then I wish you luck and have fun!
ChrisW Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:34pm 
Your chargeback through PayPal is considered an act of fraud by you toward Steam. You basically got to play a game for free at Steam's and the developer's cost. I would personally never let you make any purchases again for doing that, so be glad I'm not in charge.
this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:42pm 
well like i said i didn't know making a case through paypal was fraud! none of the team at steam said this to me? and paypal is there if you are having problem with a company and there rejecting you a refund for a faulty item so i have ever right to try and get a refund!! i am not paying 29.99 for a game that isn't working properly. hahaha a bit harsh to be honest!
this is war 88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:54pm 
Originally posted by ChrisW:
Your chargeback through PayPal is considered an act of fraud by you toward Steam. You basically got to play a game for free at Steam's and the developer's cost. I would personally never let you make any purchases again for doing that, so be glad I'm not in charge.

so your saying that by steam giving me a faulty game at 29.99 and me trying to get a refund through paypal because i wasn't getting anywhere with steam classes me as a fraud? how the hell do you work that one out. its my money that i used for the game if the game isn't working im entitled to a refund no matter what!! if steam has provided me with a faulty game then its them doing me over not the other way round im just trying to get my money back for a faulty game! you chris talk nonscense!!
Last edited by this is war 88; Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:55pm
Spawn of Totoro Feb 15, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
so your saying that by steam giving me a faulty game at 29.99 and me trying to get a refund through paypal because i wasn't getting anywhere with steam classes me as a fraud? how the hell do you work that one out. its my money that i used for the game if the game isn't working im entitled to a refund no matter what!! if steam has provided me with a faulty game then its them doing me over not the other way round im just trying to get my money back for a faulty game! you chris talk nonscense!!

The game wasn't faulty. Many others have used it and are using it just fine. The problem is with your system.

Now, that being said:

While it looks like a possible scam from valves prespective, they may have refunded the game for you if you had contacted them and asked them to after trying to fix the issue.

I understand you unknowingly charged back your game, but Steam may not see it like that. As far as they can tell, you got the product and your money was taken back from them. They are only acting to protect themselves as you are also trying to do.

Just work things out with support and ask for a proper refund. They may give it to you, though it is not guarenteed. According to the agreement, all sales are final with a very few exceptions (namely pre-orders before the game is released).

Again, I wish you luck and, please, stay as calm as possible. I know it is frusterating. I just had a probelm assembling Ikea furniture, and can not get a refund (partly my fault), so I do know how it feels.
this is war 88 Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:04am 
its not just me thats having problems with it though its other people aswell. my pc it just fine its only 2 months old and a high end one so its not that!. but like i have been saying if i knew it was a bad idea to make a case with paypal then i wouldn't have done it i seen paypal as a last resort to get a refund i have learnt my lesson with this one anyway so it wont be happening again!. cheers mate
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:43pm