jamierawr88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:13am
So whats up with the new update?
I see alot of complaint posts about its ruined steam, but i actually have not seen any posts in what this new update has updated,

all ive noticed is ive updated, and now my steam library is going crazy in downloading updates for all my games that where all up to date 16 hours ago
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Frazer "SpookyName" JC Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:15am 
What update are you actually talking about?
Some are talking about the Steam Client update, others are talking about the CS:1.6 update.
hepcat Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:17am 
I'm guessing a Steam client update as I got it too last night. I'm getting random disconnect errors in the storefront, odd load times for games, and more. This was the first time I've seen an update that large come down the pipe, although that might be because it only seemed to download after I quit out of steam last night for a bit.

Still, I'd like to know what this update did too...I mean, beyond breaking a lot of stuff.
Last edited by hepcat; Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:17am
jamierawr88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:17am 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
What update are you actually talking about?
Some are talking about the Steam Client update, others are talking about the CS:1.6 update.

Sorry man, i mean steam, i thought it would of been self explantory since it was in Steam discussion
Last edited by jamierawr88; Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:17am
Frazer "SpookyName" JC Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:18am 
Originally posted by jamierawr88:
Sorry man, i mean steam, i thought it would of been self explantory since it was in Steam discussion
You'd think that, but take a look at the number of CS:1.6 threads in Steam Disc, Help & Tips and Suggestions. :P

Here is the Steam Client change notes: http://store.steampowered.com/news/9951/
Last edited by Frazer "SpookyName" JC; Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:18am
jamierawr88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:19am 
You'd think that, but take a look at the number of CS:1.6 threads in Steam Disc, Help & Tips and Suggestions. :P

Here is the Steam Client update log: http://store.steampowered.com/news/9951/

True, but you would think they would keep CS talk to the CS forum and not let it flow into other forums,

Cheers
Frazer "SpookyName" JC Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:21am 
True, but you would think they would keep CS talk to the CS forum and not let it flow into other forums
Unfortunately, many people do not seem to think this way.
jamierawr88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:23am 
True, but you would think they would keep CS talk to the CS forum and not let it flow into other forums
Unfortunately, many people do not seem to think this way.

ah well, i only used this forum to find out whats new in the update lol

damn was hoping they would improve the steam overlay web browser a bit more, to allow bookmarks and saved pw's
jamierawr88 Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:26am 
yeap, the store page seems to deffently be somewhat broken :S lol
[GL] Nova! Prospekt Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
Yeah, the client bootstrapper isn't doing the complete work to get steam up and running on my computer. It always just freezes and comes up with a Steam Client Bootstrapper error. I got my steam working a few times but I don't know for sure now. First on PC/Windows, go to your start menu, select run and type this in without the quotations. "regedit". BUT FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING! Go to the steam folder in your library and take out the steamapps if you want your saved games still when you get steam back. Run regedit and double click HKEY_CURRENT_USER , software, and then valve. Select valve. Right click and hit delete, then yes.

When you have done that, go back to www.steampowered.com and redownload steam and place your steamapps folder back into the Steam folder in Program Files.

It worked for me a couple of times but it might not work right now so I wish you the best of luck!
Last edited by [GL] Nova! Prospekt; Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:53pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:13am