alynnt Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:42pm
Why are my games not working!!?
Steam updated itself and now my games will not run. They keep going throuogh a first time setup, but they just sit there saying "installing 1 of 1" or "1 of 2". Over the past six months sI have lost Mass Effect 1 and 2, as well as Crysis. Now I have losat all of my games!!
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
jjb-54 Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:12pm 
What sadly you might need to do - if you have done so already is Scrube Steam - and your games from HD .... keep your saved game files safe. Then re-install them all from SCRATCH .... This has happened to me three times last year .... I was - ♥♥♥♥ED - but at least I got my games running and all was slowly back to normal. ... Good Luck.
alynnt Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:27pm 
Yeah, I camew to that reality myself when I could not get my games to run. It is unacceptable for a gamer hub such as steam to update without giivng us the chance to decline. Otherwise it is their responsability to make sure they do it right the first time or give us a way to back out of the mess. I have not even had time to backup my 3 new games. Thanks for your reply though, I really do appreciate it.
FrazerJC Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Follow the instructions given in this Support Article and see if it helps:
Steam Support -> Games do not run after 'Preparing to Launch'
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:42pm