System Shock 2 heads up!
For those who hanven't heard yet System Shock 2 is coming to GOG.com with lots of free bonus content and 100% drm free. For those unfamiliar with the the site. It's a digital game distributer and where I get many of my older games that I can't get on steam.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
I like going to giant to advertise for trader joe's too.
I'm not advertising for a site. It just happens to be the only one where you can get this game today without paying a fortune. I threw the rest in to ensure others that it was a legit site as I was skeptictal about it myself at first.
Last edited by project_overkill_203; Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:15am
Balraw Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:17am 
I posted about this a few hours ago and while it is coming to GoG first it will aparrently being coming to Steam at an as yet undisclosed time but it will be on Steam at some point soon (tm)

Source [www.joystiq.com]
Last edited by Balraw; Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:18am
Originally posted by Project Overkill 203:
I'm not advertising for a site. It just happens to be the only one where you can get this game today without paying a fortune. I threw the rest in to ensure others that it was a legit site as I was skeptictal about it myself at first.

You can justify it anyway you want, advertisement is still advertisement.
Thank you. I was unaware it was coming to steam also. I don't know when it's coming to GOG either but I think tomorrow. Not sure which version to get now as I don't know what the steam version features.
What ever you say. This post wasn't meant as advertisement so take it how you wish. I'm not here for an argument just to spread news of the games rerelease. Now that I know it's coming to Steam it's really not that significant anymore. I don't care where it's at as long as I can get it somehow. I would like to know when Steam is getting it though.
Sephrax Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:45am 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
I like going to giant to advertise for trader joe's too.

There's no reason to be angry. It will most likely be released on Steam too at some point.
Me too unless the Steam version has something really special going for it like enhanced multiplayer. I don't really find Steams DRM to be too bad on most games. Companies like ID don't go too overboard with it but still none is better than a little.
cogadh Feb 13, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
Looks like GOG has at least a 6 month exclusive, so it will be a while before it arrives here, and I wouldn't expect the Steam version to include all the "collector's edition" extras the GOG and Night Dive Studios guys are teasing (if that stuff matters to you).
Makino Maria Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:00pm 
gog versions are pretty much always superior to their steam counterparts, all their games come with soundtracks and other extras.
Hawkes Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:15pm 
Cool thanks for sharing project overkill 203 i might have to check this game out i heard it was a good game and i only just got into PC gaming so ive missed out on alot of the older games.

have to ask does anyone know if this version is updated to run on newer OS's and if not anyone know if somone running W7 will have issues?
Originally posted by Hawkes:
Cool thanks for sharing project overkill 203 i might have to check this game out i heard it was a good game and i only just got into PC gaming so ive missed out on alot of the older games.

have to ask does anyone know if this version is updated to run on newer OS's and if not anyone know if somone running W7 will have issues?

All GoG versions are guaranteed to run on the latest if not all operating systems. They actually hire people to insure it works, that's what makes GoG different from Valve.
Hawkes Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:34pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
Originally posted by Hawkes:

All GoG versions are guaranteed to run on the latest if not all operating systems. They actually hire people to insure it works, that's what makes GoG different from Valve.
Intresting thanks for telling me ill have to keep my eye on GoG now
Chika Ogiue Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by Project Overkill 203:
Thank you. I was unaware it was coming to steam also. I don't know when it's coming to GOG either but I think tomorrow. Not sure which version to get now as I don't know what the steam version features.

Typically, Steam versions can cost a bit more and come with just the game. If you want to be sure you get the extras, get it from GOG.
Vang Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:15am 
It's like this, Steam is good for games, GOG is good for games. There is more than enough room in the market for two services like this. Simple as that. Hell, I've even gone so far as to buy the same games on both services if they're really good, like SS2 is. So yeah I got SS2 today and I'll be buying it again whenever Steam gets their release. The game is worth the cost to be able to buy a completely legit copy again.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 13, 2013 @ 10:31am