Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Discussions > Подробности за темата
Question about Steam working w/o internet connection
Hey everyone,

I apologize if this question has been asked before but I am on borrowed time. On my last deployment to Afghanistan, Steam worked for about the first 30 or so days I was there, then it stopped letting me log in, I would assume it needed to varify every so often. My question to you is, before I buy a new laptop and games for my upcoming deployment, does Steam only work if there is an internet connection, like does it need to verify every so often, or is there some "work offline" option my dumb grunt self cant figure out?

Anything helps.

Currahee
-Josh
< >
Показване на 1-10 от 10 коментара
Download all your games or copy them from your old laptop

Run all your games once when online

In the settings ensure that "save your credentials" is enabled

Select "offline mode" in steam-settings

You should then be set
Thanks man I appreciate the help
To my knowledge, Steam Offline mode does only work for a certain period of time, though, before wanting to re-verify that you own the account by connecting to the internet. I'm not sure how long this time period is, though.
ya see thats what I think happened last time. Ill be on a remote JCOP so I wont even have a bed let alone internet. Ill message Steam if there isnt a for sure answer from one of you all fine gentlemen
I was more hoping for things like Dawn of War, ill be living ARMA out there lol.
try running some games right from the .exe without steam even open. some do work
ultra noob question, what folder would I find the .exe's in?
Id buy you all a beer if I could. I am going to work this stuff all night and see if it works out. Ill post up later. thanks for the help
Първоначално публикувано от HateKillDestroy:
I was more hoping for things like Dawn of War, ill be living ARMA out there lol.
Yeah I bet a Dreadnought would come in handy.
< >
Показване на 1-10 от 10 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Discussions > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 11 февр. 2013 в 15:40
Публикации: 10