blackhawkpat Feb 8, 2013 @ 2:03pm
speeding up my pc
hey guys and gals im trying to find a free program to help me prioratize my apllication while im gaming so it runs faster. or ust a prgram that makes my system run faster any reccomendations
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Gam3r0wn3d Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
Try "Razer Gamebooster" formerly IObit Gamebooster. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php
Erica Feb 8, 2013 @ 4:05pm 
You should download some more ram! :P
Spacecraft Feb 8, 2013 @ 4:24pm 
Tell us what your hardware is and we can help send you in the right direction. Gamebooster is decent, but is more of a placebo than anything else.
Silicon Vampire Feb 8, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
There is no software that will make your computer magically faster.
Caelistas Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:36pm 
tuneup utilities for general pc cleanup and management
Silicon Vampire Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:37pm 
Originally posted by Caelistas:

Which are nothing but a placebo. Learn to manage your computer properly.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
There is no software that will make your computer magically faster.

That reminds of the website that claimed to upgrade your RAM over the Internet. It was a gag site but the disclaimer was in a very tiny font.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:39pm 
Originally posted by Erica:

You've seen that site too? It was HILARIOUS. People could download RAM in 1, 2, and 4GB increments. Too funny.
Erica Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:
Originally posted by Erica:

You've seen that site too? It was HILARIOUS. People could download RAM in 1, 2, and 4GB increments. Too funny.

Yeah someone showed me it; pretty funny! I never tried sending it to someone though.
Spawn of Totoro Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:
\You've seen that site too? It was HILARIOUS. People could download RAM in 1, 2, and 4GB increments. Too funny.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

There ya go.
Caelistas Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
Originally posted by Caelistas:

Which are nothing but a placebo. Learn to manage your computer properly.

Lol :)

i know where to change all the options in TU manually in windows myself, don't presume that i'm ignorant. I maintain my pc weekly.

TU is just way more noob friendly and accesible, and it can add a little performance boost if you turn unnessecary services/... down. Not that it will make the hardware better but it can help.

blackhawkpat Feb 10, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
thx guys appreciate the help.
Satoru Feb 10, 2013 @ 2:53pm 
Unless you are on XP there are no programs that will mystically make your computer faster.

Disabling services and all that nonsense only applied in the XP days. Anything post XP simply doesn't need these kinds of programs as the OS is far better suited to manage system resources.

All such programs at this point are wastes of money. You'd be better off just buying a new video card or more memory.
Killer Koala Feb 11, 2013 @ 7:02am 
Please post your computer specs if you want us to help you.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2013 @ 2:03pm