Happyguy 7. feb, 2013 @ 8:40pm
Would you guys say this new "steambox" is worth it?
Im just really curious to see what you guys think, but do you guys think that this "steambox" will do good in teh competition between Sony, Microsoft, and this new founded system OAYU
if you don't know what the "steambox" is go to http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3958162/valve-steam-box-cake Im just curious if anybody else thinks its worth buying at this stage in development.
Viser 1-15 av 40 kommentarer
< >
bloodraven43 7. feb, 2013 @ 9:17pm 
i say good for gabe.im glad hes coming to the marketplace.i just hope his hopes and dreams dont get tarnish along the way.
nano351 7. feb, 2013 @ 10:31pm 
It's going to have a huge uperhand on other consoles. It'll have a much more expansive library of older and newer games. Have models that very in power; so a budget gamer can play a game in low graphics settings and people with more money can have high quality graphics. There will never be incompatible games. Gamesync between console, screenshots, gamesync with PC, fully digital shop. It'll be hard to compete against this thing aside from having console exclusives and having traditional gamers buying the other consoles because that's what they're used to
[dirrty]gsharp 7. feb, 2013 @ 10:38pm 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Happyguy3216:
Im just really curious to see what you guys think, but do you guys think that this "steambox" will do good in teh competition between Sony, Microsoft, and this new founded system OAYU
if you don't know what the "steambox" is go to http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3958162/valve-steam-box-cake Im just curious if anybody else thinks its worth buying at this stage in development.

If all that thing does is make decent toast, I'm buying it. There are a few companies you can trust and buy sight unseen. Valve is one of those companies for me.
­­­­­­Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 7. feb, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
I already have a high end computer so it's probably not worth it. I know a friend who is still running a pc with 2005 tech, so a steambox would be appropriate for him.
Sist redigert av ­­­­­­Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 7. feb, 2013 @ 11:53pm
Just wait,Time change.. 19. feb, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
With this new legendary project, may be is another form factor streaming digital media, it's quite different and I think ther's no need to built an high-end configurated hardware in PC. And therefore all gamers is equality in the first place and preventing software's piracy and solved Community daily problems. I hope so, Gabe will be Conqueror .....
­­­­­­Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 19. feb, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Just wait,Time change..:
With this new legendary project, may be is another form factor streaming digital media, it's quite different and I think ther's no need to built an high-end configurated hardware in PC. And therefore all gamers is equality in the first place and preventing software's piracy and solved Community daily problems. I hope so, Gabe will be Conqueror .....

Please Gabe can barely keep the steam screenshot servers alive during peak hours, I doubt a cloud based gaming solution is in store for the steambox. IMO I think a streaming via desktop to tv box would be more appropriate for steambox. Kinda like Nvidia shield without the need for a Nvidia card.
[dirrty]gsharp 19. feb, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
Opprinnelig skrevet av The Rolling Cheese:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Just wait,Time change..:

Please Gabe can barely keep the steam screenshot servers alive during peak hours...

Can't argue with that one. Screenshot uploads have been a hit or miss since at least November of 2012.
Kablam0 19. feb, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Only if you have a copy of Windows that you can 'legally' install on the Steambox. Otherwise, you will never be able to play your D3D games on it whatsoever - if I understand where Valve is going with this.
yeeyoh 19. feb, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
Have to wait and see on the competition, namely the PS4, like to comapre the 2 and see if either offers competion against continualy upgrading a PC.
Dreakon 19. feb, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
As an ex-console gamer who engrained himself in a few of the larger console communities... console gamers can be fickle. Many of them like Valve, a lot. If faced with a scenario of a competing console (or console-like device) that offers more than what they have... many say they would switch.

There's definitely some, but there's not an overwhelming amount of brand/company loyalty (when not in the face of extreme fanboyism). Xbox users don't LOVE paying to use the console online. PS3 users don't LOVE that the Playstation Network now has a reputation of being easily hacked and unsafe. Xbox users don't LOVE that Microsoft makes their greed kind of obvious, even towards long-term subscribers. PS3 users don't LOVE the lack of cross-game chatting (and knowing it's because the PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to support it). Xbox users don't LOVE the 360's propriatary hardware and that they can't upgrade a simple hard drive without handing Microsoft double what you'd pay for half the HDD space. PS3 users don't LOVE that Sony made the PS3 impossible to develop for initially and they still tend to get the worst ports (see: Skyrim).

If the SteamBox looks like a solid alternative, doesn't cost an arm and a leg and they don't wait until the next-next gen is already well underway... many console users will give it a shot just on Valve's reputation alone and/or to try something different after like 10+ years of Xbox or Playstation (and all the good and bad that came with it).
Sist redigert av Dreakon; 19. feb, 2013 @ 3:48pm
Ganger 20. feb, 2013 @ 2:06am 
It will bring PC gaming to the masses without the hassle of PC gaming (if you know what I mean).
Ûvatha 20. feb, 2013 @ 2:30am 
I don't understand why so many people are excited for the Steambox. AFAIK it will be a PC for the living room. It's nothing you can't have today already, modern video cards already have a HDMI output.
[dirrty]gsharp 20. feb, 2013 @ 2:32am 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Ûvatha:
I don't understand why so many people are excited for the Steambox. AFAIK it will be a PC for the living room. It's nothing you can't have today already, modern video cards already have a HDMI output.

It might not appeal to you and me...but the unwashed masses might dig it. :P
H3X 20. feb, 2013 @ 4:41am 
Opprinnelig skrevet av dirrtygsharp:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Ûvatha:

It might not appeal to you and me...but the unwashed masses might dig it. :P

Unwashed masses, lol.
If it hits a competitive price point to compete against consoles and has even a quarter the upgradeability of a PC then it'll attract a market of its own to begin with I'd guess. The steam library might need work to support d3d, but either way it's almost as easy as getting games for a traditional console, with better functionality in the long run as it can be upgraded as parts get old or die, rather than replacing the unit. Not to mention Valve already have most of the infrastructure they're going to need to get the digital store and online features working, in place.

On that subject, it's my guess that a lot of the problems with the client lately have been teething problems with optimising things for a linux platform so it's ready when this thing hits the market. Would make a lot of sense.
Sist redigert av H3X; 20. feb, 2013 @ 4:42am
Just wait,Time change.. 20. feb, 2013 @ 5:05am 
Yesterday Desktop PC remain as history, Today top bestsellers is a Notebooks.

Upgrading for only gaming purposes is not more rentable. Do you think hardware companies
will invest more money? Never, notice it what is the development and progress in multimedia sector,

Sucessfull business, new idea, new job, profit and economic sales.

My experiences: Selling and repairing Destop PC about 18 years or more 486 PC until this High-tech PC.
What happened in marketplace: Desktop or Notebook, best is i-Pad.

Please be tolerant not fanatic, and don't forget "Time Change".
Viser 1-15 av 40 kommentarer
< >
Per side: 15 30 50
Dato lagt ut: 7. feb, 2013 @ 8:40pm