In the Guides Tab for the Game Hubs, can I put a review in it?
Just wondering. Like, could I put an organized, written Sleeping Dogs review in the Sleeping Dogs Game Hub Guides section?
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-11 commenti su 11
Technically there is nothing stopping you doing that, however a review is not a guide.
Messaggio originale di Hashbrick:
Technically there is nothing stopping you doing that, however a review is not a guide.
Ah, but it's a guide on why you should or should not buy it!
:D
Messaggio originale di TheFlyingWombat:
Messaggio originale di Hashbrick:
Ah, but it's a guide on why you should or should not buy it!
:D

Ha loop-hole! Well yes and no, but generally when you look up a guide for a game you would already have the game. I guess think Game FAQs. Steam Recommendations is a review to your friends but has no real features other than to tell your friends why they should buy it.
You could, but it would probably get removed. I would prefer if you didn't pollute the guides section with that.
Yeah, hopefully they'll add something like a Review tab.
Messaggio originale di TheFlyingWombat:
Yeah, hopefully they'll add something like a Review tab.
That would acctualy be a great idea somtimes i spend forever on a forum to see what people think about a game if there was a review section it would be a great and easy way for steam users to read about the game (if its a well written thought out review that is) and make a decision if its a game for them or not.
if it hasnt been done yet you should probably bring this up in the steam suggestions sub-forum
I doubt a review system will ever happen for one reason: Steam doesn't want people to see negative reviews. That is why the current reviews are called "recommendations", even if you write something bad, it looks positive unless you actually dig in and read the review.
Messaggio originale di LieutenantClone:
I doubt a review system will ever happen for one reason: Steam doesn't want people to see negative reviews. That is why the current reviews are called "recommendations", even if you write something bad, it looks positive unless you actually dig in and read the review.

I don't think this is Valve's doing, per se. They wouldn't have metacritic support (even if it's optional and up to the game's developers) if they didn't want people to see negative reviews at all.

I think the reason is more along the lines of the fact that people put very little faith in user reviews for video games. Even if you require people to own the game, that's still not going to stop people from giving the lowest scores possible for arbitrary things (i.e a single feature they don't like, or DRM).
Messaggio originale di zOMGREI:
Messaggio originale di LieutenantClone:
Even if you require people to own the game, that's still not going to stop people from giving the lowest scores possible for arbitrary things (i.e a single feature they don't like, or DRM).
That could be a issue depending on how they would implement reviews and would only really affect it if there was a overall User rating for a game but if there wasnt no one would pay attention to those reviews that had a 1 score and all the review said was "uplay is horrible and makes this game horrible" no one would care and ignore it.

But the reviews that explain things about the game well for good or bad could still help people decide if the game is worth it or not user review or not the more people that express there opinions the better judgement other gamers can make
Ultima modifica da ItzHawkie; 7 feb 2013, ore 8:18
Messaggio originale di Hawkes:
Messaggio originale di zOMGREI:
Even if you require people to own the game, that's still not going to stop people from giving the lowest scores possible for arbitrary things (i.e a single feature they don't like, or DRM).
That could be a issue depending on how they would implement reviews and would only really affect it if there was a overall User rating for a game but if there wasnt no one would pay attention to those reviews that had a 1 score and all the review said was "uplay is horrible and makes this game horrible" no one would care and ignore it.

But the reviews that explain things about the game well for good or bad could still help people decide if the game is worth it or not user review or not the more people that express there opinions the better judgement other gamers can make

The problem is that the whole "uplay is horrible" type of review would instantly flood this theoretical user review platform for the first week after the game came out and then every time the game went on sale after that. I mean yeah, you want to ignore them, but just as an example, try to find a reasonable review of Diablo III on metacritic---you have to sort through pages and pages of people either giving the game a 1 for the DRM, or people giving it a 10 to "balance out the anti-DRM crowd".

The other thing to keep in mind is that the discussion pages serve this purpose already. I, and many others (based on the amount of "is it worth it?" threads that pop up), already check these forums for feedback prior to buying anything.
Ultima modifica da Dinky; 7 feb 2013, ore 10:28
One could put the link to several guides... in your own guide as you review how good or bad they are. (Guideception!)
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-11 commenti su 11
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 6 feb 2013, ore 12:18