james.grier Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:36am
why the
why do i need 2 wait 3 hours 2 play game i paid money for
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Because you need to download the game. How else would the game get on your computer?
Last edited by FrazerJC; Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:40am
tmwfte Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:43am 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
Because you need to download the game. How else would the game get on your computer?

Magic elves. Of course.
james.grier Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:02am 
from the discs i bought
Loaderini Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:18am 
BECAUSE RACE CAR
jjb-54 Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:22am 
It still has to get certain KEY FILES from dowload - to insure (???) you are not hacking the game. This is a big problem - you paid to own the game - but apparently you do not REALLY own the game - it is just one time/price long term lease.
james.grier Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:36am 
ok guys thanks , understand ,but got super fast broadband still taking 5 hours 2 load .
good old days would have taken half hour , if stream the future ill just bin the discs and stay in the past .
jjb-54 Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:38am 
Oh I agree ... but those days are gone, my friend .. they be gone.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:46am 
Originally posted by james.grier:
ok guys thanks , understand ,but got super fast broadband still taking 5 hours 2 load .
good old days would have taken half hour , if stream the future ill just bin the discs and stay in the past .

Then you'll be complaining about having to manually download and install game patches -- which Steam is downloading for you right now.

Also, check your download region within the Steam Client. Ensure the region specified is one that is physically close to you.
TBAGtv Feb 6, 2013 @ 1:00pm 
you hate waiting you've two factors to fix it, you can change both factors or one of them.
Factor 1: Your PC-upgrading a PC can change the speed of any DLs not just game DLs (DL=Download).
Factor 2: Upgrade your internet connection.- This can be done several ways. A) Upgrade your internet package your ISP provides. B) Change your ISP (Internet Service Provider). C) Change your location from one place where ISP sucks to a new location where the ISP is awesome.
Last edited by TBAGtv; Feb 6, 2013 @ 1:01pm
yeeyoh Feb 6, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
If you have the disc you might have wanted to have tried this... https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382&l=english... what they say or usually you can turn steam off then install the game in the steam directory, assuming you've given steam your key code and the download started... After that right click under the local files tab verify the game cache, usually either of these will save having to download the entire game.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:36am