I play F2P games a LOT more than my paid ones.. Do you?
Hi,
I find this somewhat strange; I've purchased £69.47 in games, and £116.92 worth without sales/bundles etc.

I tend to play the two F2P games I have, Team Fortress 2 and Wizardry Online a LOT more than I do any of the paid games.

I'm a fairly new Steam user, I registered on December 30th 2012 I believe.
Yesterday I downloaded Wizardry Online, and already it's my second most played game with over 10 hours of play time, Team Fortress 2 being the first. Both are F2P as you will know.

Now my average paid game play time is 1-3 hours. I'll post my stats here.

F2P Games
================
Team Fortress 2: 29 hours played.
Wizardry Online: 10 hours played.

Paid Games
================
Risen 2 - Dark Waters: 3 hours played.
Garry's Mod: 3 hours played.
No Time To Explain: 2 hours played.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 100 minutes played.
Deadlight (Soundtrack Edition): 90 minutes players.
Portal 2: 68 minutes played.
Portal: 24 minutes played.
Sleeping Dogs: 8 minutes played.

Now as you can see, I quickly added the paid games online time, a total of 790 minutes (Estimate). That's across 8 paid games. So the average there is 99 minutes/1 hour 39 minutes.

Where as my stats for F2P games across only TWO games is 2,340 minutes/39 hours. The average here is then 19.5 hours, or 1,170 minutes.

Do you play F2P games more than your paid ones? Or is it just certain F2P games?
Discuss!
< >
18/8 megjegyzés mutatása
Team Fortress 2 is my most played game, but I played that a fair bit before it went F2P. In addition to that, I'm currently in a Dota2 phase, where I'm playing a lot of that.

However, I wouldn't say I play F2P games more than paid games based on these two because I still play many of the paid games I have quite a lot.
FrazerJC eredeti hozzászólása:
Team Fortress 2 is my most played game, but I played that a fair bit before it went F2P. In addition to that, I'm currently in a Dota2 phase, where I'm playing a lot of that.

However, I wouldn't say I play F2P games more than paid games based on these two because I still play many of the paid games I have quite a lot.

Ah, I see.
I'm still unsure here.. I start playing an F2P for a long period of time, then I go onto other games for shorter time periods when I get bored, so I've probably just spread out my paid game play time awkwardly. (If any of that makes sense).
Skyrim- 600+ hours
Oblivion- 400+ hours
Darksiders 2- 35 hours
TF2- 2 hours.

Nope. Mostly paid games played here. I never seem to life the f2p games or their business models.
I don't want to criticize, but who plays like an hour of Skyrim and Portal 2, then comes onto the forums to tell everyone about it. Don't seem to know quality games if they're looking you right in the face lol.

My Steam Profile may not be perfectly indicative of my gaming habits since I only recently got into PC gaming again... however, between all platforms (including consoles) I probably have a few hundred hours in Skyrim, I've played through Portal 2 probably four or five times, I've played through GTA IV probably seven or eight times. Paid games get 99% of my attention, F2P generally are a little too repetitive for my liking.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Dreakon13; 2013. febr. 2., 8:21
Dreakon eredeti hozzászólása:
I don't want to criticize, but who plays like an hour of Skyrim and Portal 2, then comes onto the forums to tell everyone about it. Don't seem to know quality games if they're looking you right in the face lol.
Y'know, games like Skyrim and Portal 2 won't appeal to everyone.
I want to like Skyrim, but I simply do not like it that much. Despite that, I know it is a good game. Not liking a game doesn't mean they are saying it's a bad game.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Felix; 2013. febr. 2., 8:22
Funny, I have many pc games, but I play more on my psp or on my nds.
I seem to play all my old games more...
638 hours CSS
113 hours Rome total war

Nothing else comes even close until around 40 hours for l4d2/gmod
FrazerJC eredeti hozzászólása:
Dreakon eredeti hozzászólása:
Y'know, games like Skyrim and Portal 2 won't appeal to everyone.
I want to like Skyrim, but I simply do not like it that much. Despite that, I know it is a good game. Not liking a game doesn't mean they are saying it's a bad game.
As far as the OP is concerned, his list of barely played games he opted to post about on the forums is actually pretty varied. Seems to me that it's not a matter of Paid vs Free... it's a matter of him liking one or two types of games and being unable to branch out.

The key here however is that he's posting on the forums about it lol. You folks can enjoy whatever you like, but post about it and I'll likely respond with my opinion.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Dreakon13; 2013. febr. 2., 12:05
< >
18/8 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2013. febr. 2., 1:38