Hank Peggy Bobby Luanne Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:04pm
Valve + Adult Swim should team up for a handheld console.
Adult Swim and valve both release / patronize amazing casual games. Adult Swim has just added the games Puzzle Platformer Plus and Westerado, and Steam has crazy awesome games like 10,000,000.

Steambox is something, but would you buy a Steam handheld console?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
Why would anyone buy a steam handheld? They could just use an iphone or android for their gaming pleasure. PSVita along with the DS(w.e. version) and an endless amount of mobile devices (past present and future) should be enough saturation for one market.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:17pm
Hank Peggy Bobby Luanne Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:34pm 
Can you play 10,000,000, Super Meat Boy, or FTL on any current handheld consoles?
Zefar Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:40pm 
Originally posted by Hank Peggy Bobby Luanne:
Can you play 10,000,000, Super Meat Boy, or FTL on any current handheld consoles?

I'd go with, Yes yes and yes.

10 000 000 actually came from the handheld to begin with.
FTL is not a very demanding game so that could also be played on a handheld and I'm sure it exist on it already.
Super meat boy is the same thing.

So this idea wouldn't be all that successful.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:41pm 

Why would I do that?
10,000,000 repetitive and incredibly boring match 3 puzzle.
Super Meat Boy a masochistic game with rediculous difficulty just for the sake of being difficult.
FTL a game that was built from the ground to be incredibly unfair as to make sure you rarely win. A game of pure luck and no skill.

It would make a whole lot more sense for those devs to port those games to IOS and android rather than for Valve to create a console just for those games.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:42pm
Hank Peggy Bobby Luanne Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:13pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:

Why would I do that?
Super Meat Boy a masochistic game with rediculous difficulty just for the sake of being difficult.
FTL a game that was built from the ground to be incredibly unfair as to make sure you rarely win. A game of pure luck and no skill.

It would make a whole lot more sense for those devs to port those games to IOS and android rather than for Valve to create a console just for those games.

Obviously 6,000 hours in Universe Sandbox and Gary's Mod have taught you to appreciate the finer points of gaming. If you can't beat FTL then you just don't like trying. What's the point of facing an unending fleet of enemies if it's EASY?

Seriously your criticism of those games is ridiculous, not that they are beyond criticism, but your bias is obvious and unfounded. It's like saying Team Fortress 2 sucks because it's too cartoonish.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:18pm 

Why would I do that?

Obviously 6,000 hours in Universe Sandbox and Gary's Mod have taught you to appreciate the finer points of gaming. If you can't beat FTL then you just don't like trying. What's the point of facing an unending fleet of enemies if it's EASY?

Seriously your criticism of those games is ridiculous, not that they are beyond criticism, but your bias is obvious and unfounded. It's like saying Team Fortress 2 sucks because it's too cartoonish.

My analysis came from personal experience and from discussions with people that actually bought and played the games. There's a difference between easy and flat out impossible. FTL falls in such a category that if the stars aren't aligned, you will have no chance of beating the game due to the fact you will face impossibly difficult enemies early on with terrible ship upgrades and pickups.

Of course I'm the one that's bias when you can't even defend your own games with sound reasoning :)

I'm in no way saying FTL is a bad game, but to justify making a steam handheld console just for it and 2 other overrated game is absurd.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:30pm
Hank Peggy Bobby Luanne Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:54pm 
I don't really care about the handheld thing, it's just a hypothetical thread topic created out of boredom.

Just because a game is missing a feature doesn't mean it's impossible. If FTL had quicksave points it would be a breeze, there is nothing unsound about my reasoning. Super Mario Bros. would have been really easy with quick saves, but it is more memorable because of it's difficulty.It's a design decision made by the game's creators and I think FTL is better because of it. It is nowhere near impossible to beat that game.
Chowder Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:29am 

Why would I do that?

Its actuallly 6,000 hours of gmod(if you count 13 beta) and 3,000 hours of US
Hank Peggy Bobby Luanne Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:32am 
Yeah so obviously you don't like dying or feeling like you're not in control of the flow of game environment...

Originally posted by ☕Dingo☕ ©:

Its actuallly 6,000 hours of gmod(if you count 13 beta) and 3,000 hours of US
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:04pm