Keron 29/jan/2013 às 11:48
Steam customer service is ruled by heartless bot´s that approove scamming.
Before looking the pictures.

Note : Thoose pictures containg following:
Desperation
Angerness
Use of offensive language ( only small bit ) because of the angerness.
Grammar errors.
Repative text ( see reply 16 for the main point with relaxed emotions )
Cruelty of steam support.

http://imgur.com/a/cG3u9

Because .. I did everything I could to avoid this..

Steam did everything to ruin my account..

Steam approves scamming dudes..

It´s easy to scam and make money out of scamming..

Who cares of a trade ban you get on 1 account that has 0 games (only premium tf2) .. If that ..

Be Honest , Trade hard , Get ban!
Scam hard , Cash out , Make a new account!

Steam approoves ( thumbs up ) (Y)

True story.
Exibindo comentários 114 de 14
< >
Keron 29/jan/2013 às 11:49 
Also note that they don´t exactly approove scamming..

They just ruin non scamming people so they would make a new account and scam people

or that´s what I tought atleast...
Mivo 29/jan/2013 às 12:06 
After you started blowing up on them, they dropped out of the discussion.

I can't comment on the actual issue, but see, if you contact support (regardless of the company, if it is a larger one), you are almost never talking to a decision maker. The person you talk to is someone who answers questions and relays policies and information. It is not that person's fault that Valve's policy is to close accounts of people who have repeatedly received stolen items.

With customer support staff you always get farther by being polite and constructive. You want them to sympathize with you and champion your case. The way you talked to them, very quickly, probably only caused negative feelings and as a result, you get the strict "by the rules" treatment. You may disagree with that, but consider that this may be how it works.

At this time I would probably just back off and let this go. Ask them again in a few weeks, perhaps apologize for getting agitated yourself (rather than "but....", try "Sorry I dumped my frustration on you."). Stop pushing it, right now there is nothing to gain and more to lose. And when/if you get your trading privileges back, trade with people whose accounts are older and/or who have 25+ games on them.
Keron 29/jan/2013 às 12:08 
That´s a very nice reply.

The person i traded with has 60 games if i remeber right and like 1000 hours of gameplay..
He was just hacked and hacker added me and sold me hes bp.

I sent valve a nice replys at first but then the anger took the control over because I have been legit trader for 2 years now and they just permanently ban my account from trading.

Edit: I got the bp on 4th jan I found out it was scammed stuff on jan4th I sent valve a insta message about it because I saw that coming but I hoped if i act quick they will be nice instead of that....
Última edição por Keron; 29/jan/2013 às 12:09
Microsoft Word 29/jan/2013 às 12:11 
Lol.Thats a nice chat log. Steam really needs to hire real people for this type of stuff.
ChrisW 29/jan/2013 às 12:22 
It appears someone is hijacking accounts and gifting all the items to your account. I don't know why someone would do this, but it makes you appear to be the hijacker. Since this is the second time this has happened, it means you have taken no steps to prevent this.
Keron 29/jan/2013 às 12:25 
To be honest I sent steam a letter about that after the first time.. about How to prevent thing´s like this .. Also I paid for the backpack not got it as gift ,

Also steam could use the IP thing to do some tracking that I was not hiljacking anyone

(blizzard does that! True story ( got scammed in WoW ) Blizzard helped! )

and I held the items on my account for 2 weeks so valve could take them away from me and return to the real owner.

So acually I did EVERYTHING to prevent this.

because ... Come on.. I can´t give the item´s back to the scammer ?
srsly wheres the logic..

I find out that they are stolen.. Return to the scammer "owner" ???
Última edição por Keron; 29/jan/2013 às 12:25
Hashbrick 29/jan/2013 às 12:30 
The only way you will get their attention is through legal means, you'd have to hire a lawyer to threaten them to get any results. I have to side with Keron here, after each message just replying with a pre-made generated message each time. The whole situation sounds ridiculous how do they ban the middle man? That makes no sense, I don't play TF2 or DOTA2 but I sure as hell know that when you trade items there is big red text next to the item saying "HEY THIS IS STOLEN". How would any normal player know. I commend Keron for having the patiences he had during that whole support string, I would have blown up 1000 times worse than that. There would be F-bombs for day...for days.
ChrisW 29/jan/2013 às 12:36 
I would assume they would use a proxy to make it appear those items are being sent from somewhere else. That said, it does not make any sense that you would be sending those items to your main account.

You don't have a legal case as the SSA states they can disable this for any reason they want. You never had any rights to the trading system in the first place as these Steam services are provided for free.
Hashbrick 29/jan/2013 às 12:40 
No he doesn't have a legal case but you can bully with legal help, it works all the time. Tons of companies do it daily to get what they want because most companies don't want to deal with it.
Última edição por Hashbrick; 29/jan/2013 às 12:41
ChrisW 29/jan/2013 às 12:50 
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198053112688-keron.8430/

It seems you have a history of shady deals. You have two scammers on your friends list, so you haven't taken any steps to prevent this stuff. Why would someone try to impersonate you? Perhaps you have created some enemies that have tried to get your account banned?
Escrito originalmente por Hashbrick:
No he doesn't have a legal case but you can bully with legal help, it works all the time. Tons of companies do it daily to get what they want because most companies don't want to deal with it.

I can vouch for this, works even better if you get your bank to work with you to threaten a gigantic chargeback of every purchases on steam. That'll get their attention for sure.

Unless of course you already know you're guilty of some shady dealings, in which case good luck.
Última edição por ­­­­­­Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 29/jan/2013 às 12:52
Keron 29/jan/2013 às 12:55 
Escrito originalmente por ChrisW:
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198053112688-keron.8430/

It seems you have a history of shady deals. You have two scammers on your friends list, so you haven't taken any steps to prevent this stuff. Why would someone try to impersonate you? Perhaps you have created some enemies that have tried to get your account banned?

Every trusted trader has impersonator because if you disguise yourself as a trustworthy trader like me or any other famous trader then the chances to pull off the scam is alot higher.

and silly people might trade with people without checking the steamrep / game amount / hrs played and belive the impersonator just by avatar picture / same name / and other shady ways to convince person to press the trade button and run.
Satoru 29/jan/2013 às 14:13 
Steam already warned you about accepting gifts BEFORE. Then you subsequently "Also I paid for the backpack not got it as gift"

You went outside the system got burned, were warned, then went outside AGAIN and somehwo you're mystirously shocked at the consequences?

Also you account is TRADE BANNED. Your account itself is safe. Your games are safe. You just can't TRADE. So don't make a mountain out of a molehill. You got your account back.

Why you're blaming Steam for your own stupidity is beyond me. You decided to 'buy' stuff outside the system. The only person to blame for the situation is yoruself. Steam protects users who USE THE TRADE SYSTEM. not those who use it to 'buy' items using paypal and such outside the system.

Unless EVERYTHING fits in a SINGLE trade window DO NOT DO THE TRADE

You decided MULTIPLE times to reject this. Scammers aren't the problem. YOU ARE.
Última edição por Satoru; 29/jan/2013 às 14:18
ChrisW 29/jan/2013 às 14:26 
That is a good point. Even though you may have traded for those items, the only thing showing in the trade window are the stolen items going to your account. As far as Steam is concerned, those items were gifted to you, not traded. That makes it appear that you are the hijacker, at least to Steam support. You should have learned your lesson after the first warning.
Exibindo comentários 114 de 14
< >
Por página: 15 30 50
Publicado em: 29/jan/2013 às 11:48