Chika Ogiue Jan 26, 2013 @ 5:24pm
Valve please stop the misleading advertising
Valve, If you know full well a discount is not offered in a region, don't put up a big headline banner advertising it in that region. Really, it's such a simple concept yet you consistently fail to grasp it.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
XIII Jan 26, 2013 @ 7:07pm 
Getting trolled by steam. Has got to suck.
Delph Jan 26, 2013 @ 9:20pm 
Originally posted by Charlie:
It seems OP is in JP and Hitman is regionally locked. So you may use US/EU/NA vpn to change your IP and get the game at lower price. But I am not sure if the game itself has a regional lock which would stop you from playing in JP. But Valve really should remove this regional lock. Players and buyers should be treated equally no matter where they live in and what language they speak.

You may not use a VPN to get around a regional lock - there is a good chance your account would be locked. Regional locks are at the discretion of the publisher and they will have their reasons - piracy, retail store pressure, low sales expectation etc. Valve has no control over the regional aspects
Chika Ogiue Jan 26, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
Originally posted by Charlie:
It seems OP is in JP and Hitman is regionally locked.

It's not regionally locked. It's being sold for $80. Problem is, Valve knew full well they aren't discounting it here, so why are they showing the full banner to us? They are certainly capable of selectively displaying different banners per region. But as usual, they can't be bothered to actually ensure the correct information is displayed for this region. Been like it for years. Would be nice if they finally started acting more professionally. Would complain to the BBB, but last time I did that (around 3 years ago) Valve promised the BBB they'd stop, then never did. So there's little point in filing another complaint.

On a side note, Square won't be making much money with that $80 price. Most people who wanted the game here already got it via other sites back when it first released and have been playing it since early December when the IP block on playing was removed.
Chika Ogiue Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
Oh I see Valve did it again with Sleeping Dogs. Only this time, they removed the buy button. FYI Valve, these sort of stunts are illegal here.
tmwfte Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:12pm 
Originally posted by Chika Ogiue:
Oh I see Valve did it again with Sleeping Dogs. Only this time, they removed the buy button. FYI Valve, these sort of stunts are illegal here.

When I go to the Japanese store, I see Sleeping Dogs $79.99 less 75% -- $19.99 -- with an Add to Cart button. I'm not sure what you're complaining about here.
Chika Ogiue Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:59pm 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
When I go to the Japanese store, I see Sleeping Dogs $79.99 less 75% -- $19.99 -- with an Add to Cart button. I'm not sure what you're complaining about here.

I'm talking about this[img42.imageshack.us].
tmwfte Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
I get this -- http://i.imgur.com/ZtQXdoR.jpg -- on the Japanese store.
Chika Ogiue Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:58pm 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
I get this -- http://i.imgur.com/ZtQXdoR.jpg -- on the Japanese store.

Still no price here. So it's either based on IP, or a regional server is buggered. Result is the same either way. It cannot be purchased.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2013 @ 5:24pm