Oneintheanus Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:01am
Why have steam moved The Cave's realease date?
A couple of days ago it said the 23 and now it says the 24?
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
FrazerJC Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:12am 
Probably because of timezones.
tmwfte Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:37am 
Interesting. It did get pushed back, originally the timer had it launching when the Steam Store updates at 10 AM PST on the 23rd. Now it's launching at midnight PST on the 24th. Weird.
zenf Jan 23, 2013 @ 1:24am 
I don't think it's because of timezones as it's already been released on XBLA, possibly other platforms too..

I took the day off work to play this today, kinda wish I'd bought it on XBLA now.
doofdilla Jan 23, 2013 @ 1:28am 
Thats not a nice way to treat your customers!

Changing the release date of a highly anticipated game when the counter already reached >12h

It's even worse when it is already out for all the other platforms.

Please explain to us why you did that.

Regards
DoofDilla
weeksy77 Jan 23, 2013 @ 1:47am 
Could be a patch incoming?
Purple Tentacle Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:07am 
so im not going mad then, i can wait another day
zenf Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:50am 
Some kind of reason would be nice, as doofdilla says, it's not a nice way to treat customers.

The PC version is now available to download from a certain popular 'jungle' website (not sure of rules about mentioning competitors on here). Although it says 'Steam DRM' so not sure if it's actually available, but it says "Available Now!"... What's going on Steam?
maui Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:04am 
Let's just hope Doublefine or Ron himself can shed some light on this once people in California wake up ;)
Tox Laximus (banned) Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:26am 
The xbox 360 review on ign knocked points off for a choppy frame rate, maybe M$ cried to $team and begged them to hold it back to 'persuade' people to buy on the xbox first, same happened on BM arkham city, maybe?

$team do like to move the goal posts, that I do know.
FrazerJC Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:32am 
The release date is up to the publishers of the game. Microsoft would not have had anything directly to do with it. SEGA, however, as the publishers may have decided to hold the PC version back slightly.

Alternatively, it could be that it was simply incorrectly listed on Steam and that time/date has now been corrected.
Tox Laximus (banned) Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:34am 
M$ never made arkham city but they still managed to hold it back on the PC so more xbox copies were sold.
FrazerJC Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:45am 
Originally posted by Tox Laximus:
M$ never made arkham city but they still managed to hold it back on the PC so more xbox copies were sold.
I imagine that would have been part of a contract, much like with the Skyrim DLC being on XBox thirty days before any other platform.
maui Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:55am 
So...anything new?
Tox Laximus (banned) Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:01am 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
I imagine that would have been part of a contract, much like with the Skyrim DLC being on XBox thirty days before any other platform.

Fair enough but at least they could get the date right, theres noting worse that waiting, then less than 24 hours away they add another day on, I mean is this the final date?
FrazerJC Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:02am 
Fair enough but at least they could get the date right, theres noting worse that waiting, then less than 24 hours away they add another day on, I mean is this the final date?
Yeah, I can understand how that can be frustrating. But errors and miscommunication occurs in all walks of life and, unfortunately, just so happens to have occurred on the Steam Store page for the release of The Cave.

I would imagine this will be the actual release date, unless there is a major glitch on PC that means the developers want to push the game back a tad further.
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:01am