Rusher Jan 22, 2013 @ 10:51am
Daily offers are also repeating holidays encore sales? what the ♥♥♥♥?
Yesterday Portal 2 for the same prize as in the holidays best offers, today Terraria at -75% when it was only at -66% on holidays sales (and that appeared like 4-5 times at that prize).

You pay for it on holidays and 2 weeks later its on an even higher discount.. so what's the point on having "holidays" sales when they're worse than the "normal" days later?
Last edited by Rusher; Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:03am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
tmwfte Jan 22, 2013 @ 10:57am 
Yes, do away with sales entirely. No discounts on anything!
Alcadeias Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:00am 
I agree, its kind of a rip off when a game is -50% on the holiday sale and -75% on Daily Deal. But then again, I feel like this could be avoided by researching the lowest a game's price can go before you purchase it.
smackM Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:01am 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
Yes, do away with sales entirely. No discounts on anything!
This. :D
tmwfte Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:03am 
If you bought during the holiday sales, you bought at what you thought was a good price at the time. It's not a rip-off. Especially in the case of Terraria. "DAMN! They ripped off my 90 cents because I bought the game a month earlier!"
Alcadeias Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:41am 
^^ Wise man, listen to his words
dirrtymartini Jan 22, 2013 @ 11:51am 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
If you bought during the holiday sales, you bought at what you thought was a good price at the time. It's not a rip-off. Especially in the case of Terraria. "DAMN! They ripped off my 90 cents because I bought the game a month earlier!"

Agreed. I'm not sweating the price either. Amazon is discounting Far Cry 3 less than two weeks after I bought it -- and at a higher price. That doesn't detract from a pretty awesome game.

Alcadeias Jan 22, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
I think that its not about how cheap you can get a game, I feel like you should pay what you deserve, and I think that Terraria is well worth the $10 price.
Me0wish Jan 22, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
To me its about the games I've been waiting for ages to get discounted. This holiday sale SUCKED just like the one before it, even when the games I want do get discounted, its usually a insignificant discount.
dirrtymartini Jan 22, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
Originally posted by Alcadeias:
I think that its not about how cheap you can get a game, I feel like you should pay what you deserve, and I think that Terraria is well worth the $10 price.

I'd argue that Terraria is worth twice the price. I'm at 700+ hrs and still have stuff to do...plus multi-player...plus co-op...plus changing world size, difficulty level, etc, etc, etc. That game has to be the bargain of the year.
Alcadeias Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
^^ Definitely agree with you, that game just never gets old. The sheer amount of content is astonishing and being able to get it for only 25% of the retail price is absolutely ludacris. Hell, I might even grab a few extra copies for friends.
Sims 3 Is 3 Dollars Cheaper Then Holiday Sale
Eric Andrew Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:36pm 
Also look into effect that you got the Portal bundle for $6.24. I'll wait and get Portal when the bundle hits that price again during the end of winter sale.
Alcadeias Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
It all depends on what the game is. If the game is a low price then the sale differentials wont matter, like with Terraria. But with expensive games, say XCOM, then such sales definitely screw people over.
Dreakon13 Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:57pm 
Everyone likes saving money, but some people won't be happy until Valve is giving games away for free.

Just enjoy that the games are cheap. Don't just buy it because it's on sale, buy it because it's the amount you feel the game is worth. Then you're never being "ripped off".
Alcadeias Jan 22, 2013 @ 7:53pm 
Any ideas on when the next major steam sale is? What do you guys think?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 22, 2013 @ 10:51am